• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA State Senator Saslaw Comment

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Philip Van Cleave sent this e-mail. Our own John Pierce heard it first hand.
Full Text of Philip's e-mail...

On Monday, Executive member John Pierce was in an elevator in the General Assembly building, participating in the VCDL Lobby Day. John was in the back of the elevator and at some point Democratic Senator Dick Saslaw of Fairfax County, who is the Senate Majority Leader, entered the elevator with a companion.

The Senator, not realizing that John with his large "Guns Save Lives" badge was in the back of the elevator, continued a loud conversation he was having with his companion.

In a clearly audible voice, Senator Saslaw said to his companion: "I see we're debating a gun bill today. Half of the cast of Deliverance is in town."
Mr. Van Cleave is extraordinary, in my book!(You too, John)There is a link in the article to send an e-mail to Sen. Saslaw. I also sent a personal message...

Senator Saslaw,

I have recently read an e-mail that I can only describe as unbelievable. This e-mail illustrates that you, an elected representative in the Commonwealth of Virginia, have no regard for your constituents or, more importantly, our fellow Virginians. To describe those that LEGALLY carry firearms, follow the laws of the Commonwealth and are active in the political process in Virginia as the “Cast of Deliverance” is unacceptable to me personally. If you feel this way towards your constituents and “fellow Virginians”, I would suggest that you step down from representing those of us in the Commonwealth and more specifically, Fairfax County.
Regards,

XD Owner

imported post

I have dibs on the Burt Reynolds character, although I would prefer a scoped Remington 700 than a hunting bow as my weapon of choice. They should have gone canoeing with stainless steel Ruger SP101s and water-resistant ammo.