Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Castle County Get-Together #2!

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

Well, I thought I'd start a new thread for our next meeting. We don't have to have monthly meetings, but it may just work out that way.

So far (from the end of the last meeting thread, it sounds like 2/22/08 is looking good for people.

Including me! I have my kids the weekend of the 29th, so I wouldn't be able to make that one.

Is 2/22 going to be THE date?

We need a time and a place, too!

Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry

Trevorton also Wilmington DE, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

2/22 still works for me. Place and time? Any where anytime is pretty good for me. Hopefully this meeting will go as good as the last.

Post imported post

I hope it goes well, too. I'm sure it will, since we all share a common hobby and belief.

Last time we went over some laws and had some good discussions. Is there something else anyone wants to ask, or add, or discuss, etc for next time??Maybe the pamphlet Wynder was working on? An updated list of firearms laws? Any other ideas? I'll try to have my "OC business cards" finalized by then for your input and final thoughts, too.

As for a time, I'm guessing sometime after work at dinner time would make the most sense. Was 8:00pm too late for anyone? What about 7:00pm?

And as for a place, we could always do IHOP again, although perhaps a change of scenery is preferred? We could try the Golden Dove, Friday's, Pizza Hut, etc....

So, shall we "assume" that the 22nd is set in stone?
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

State Researcher

Post imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
    I hope it goes well, too. I'm sure it will, since we all share a common hobby and belief.

Last time we went over some laws and had some good discussions. Is there something else anyone wants to ask, or add, or discuss, etc for next time??Maybe the pamphlet Wynder was working on? An updated list of firearms laws? Any other ideas? I'll try to have my "OC business cards" finalized by then for your input and final thoughts, too.

As for a time, I'm guessing sometime after work at dinner time would make the most sense. Was 8:00pm too late for anyone? What about 7:00pm?

And as for a place, we could always do IHOP again, although perhaps a change of scenery is preferred? We could try the Golden Dove, Friday's, Pizza Hut, etc....

So, shall we "assume" that the 22nd is set in stone?
    If I get the time, I'll definitely add the self-defense/justification statutes to the pamplhet. That's good to know.

7:00pm would probably be too early for me with getting the family home and kids in bed (especially with Friday traffic), so 8pm is my desired time. I'm all for IHOP again since they were very receptive. (Did anyone contact the management there and let them know?)

But I'd be up for other places as well.

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    7:00pm would probably be too early for me with getting the family home and kids in bed (especially with Friday traffic), so 8pm is my desired time. I'm all for IHOP again since they were very receptive. (Did anyone contact the management there and let them know?)
    Well, just don't eat BEFORE meeting us for dinner this time!

Yes, I did contact IHOP Corporate and praised the local store on their openness on us OCing, and how great the waitress was, and the overall "gun friendly" attitude of the place. Corporate said they would pass the info on to the local store manager.

We'll keep the time 8:00pm then.
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

State Researcher

Post imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
    Wynder wrote:
    Well, just don't eat BEFORE meeting us for dinner this time!

Yes, I did contact IHOP Corporate and praised the local store on their openness on us OCing, and how great the waitress was, and the overall "gun friendly" attitude of the place. Corporate said they would pass the info on to the local store manager.

We'll keep the time 8:00pm then.
    Excellent -- glad someone remembered to. I was actually in there the next evening, but didn't see the manager types on duty. Did the corporate office sound apprehensive in their tone of voice (if you called) or was it a form/email thing that was kind of like a canned response?

Post imported post

I used theonline comment form on the IHOP website, and their email response was a basic form letter. I do hope that the local franchiseowner got a copy of what I said.

FYI: This is what I sent via the online form:

Good service and great attitude about us
    I wanted to say "thank you" to those who were working last night. The group I was with were all openly carrying firearms and the waitress was very happy and accepting of that, with another employee saying "they're here so we don't get robbed." That made us feel very welcomed that IHOP is accepting of civilians being armed. Thank you to IHOP for being Pro-2nd Amendment!
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

State Researcher

Post imported post

Oh!

Would you mind doing up a CCDW version of the business card as well?

Highlights are probably the 10 hours of training, fingerprinted and state police background check, investigation by the Attorney General/Department of Justice, and a judicial review before a judge of the superior court personally signed off on my permit.

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    Would you mind doing up a CCDW version of the business card as well?

Highlights are probably the 10 hours of training, fingerprinted and state police background check, investigation by the Attorney General/Department of Justice, and a judicial review before a judge of the superior court personally signed off on my permit.
    That should be pretty easy to adjust the one I have to pertain to CCDW. I'll work on that, too, and I'll try to have at least a rough draft of it for everyone's approval at our next meeting.

Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

State Researcher

Post imported post

Excellent... What was the text on the one you showed us?

Post imported post

Where and when is the meeting? I know that I'm new but I would love to come, event though i don't currently carry (money problems) Hope to hear from you soon!

State Researcher

Post imported post

ChefW wrote:
    Where and when is the meeting? I know that I'm new but I would love to come, event though i don't currently carry (money problems) Hope to hear from you soon!
    2/22/08 @ 8pm.

We're meeting at the IHOP on Route 13. If you take 273 East past Route 1, up to Route 13, bang a left heading towards Wilmington, and about a mile up the road on the right (by the Home Depot, across from the Airport) you'll see it.

Post imported post

Cool, I live on 273 like five mins from there. Did we figure out a time yet?

State Researcher

Post imported post

8pm.

Post imported post

Chefw -- We're all new to this, last month was our first get together. Not sure I'd call it a 'meeting' with any formal agenda. Just a bunch of guys,so far, that have a common interest in guns and carrying. Open or concealed.

Most of us have only been carrying for a short time. Most of us have only been carrying for a year or less. Met here in the forums and noticed that quite a few were from New Castle County and just wanted to put a face to a name. Shared a meal and compared notes on the laws.

Although this is an open carry forum it seems to have started with Wynder's log on getting his CCDW lisense. Guys joined in the conversation and Dave in Delaware started talking about his journal on open carry in DE.

Your welcome to join the 'meeting' and have some breakfast. You don't even have to bring a gun, although most of us have started carrying everyday.

Post imported post

I'll try to make it, although I can't guarantee anything a month in advance. Sounds like the last get together went well.

-mike

State Researcher

Post imported post

Technically a few people had posted here before me... I think dave_in_delaware had a couple of posts up with some information, but about seven months ago there were really only about 4-6 posts to speak of.

I began to post incessantly with questions and information and, I suppose, slowly got the interest going into the state. It helps that guys like me and Dave have jobs where we can frequently check and post, but in essence, yeah... Most of us are fairly new to OC'ing and we're only met once.

So to speak, you're getting in on the ground floor.

Post imported post

Well I've never OC'd I want to but I don't have a gun yet. I'm in the process of getting a glock 23

Post imported post

ChefW, I hope to see you at the next "meeting," regardless if you have a gun or not. It's nothing formal. We don't follow an agenda. We just all meet and have some food and good conversation and comeraderie. If you have questions, or a comment, or whatever, bring it up at the meeting (or post it here ahead of time so we can research it if needs be). Wynder and I will probably have a printout of the "Laws" with us in case we need to look anything up.

Like has been said, most of us are new to OC. I'm still getting used to it (and the looks), that's for sure.

But as Wynder mentioned, this board (Delaware) was dead a few months ago. When I joined, there wasn't much. And back then, I was scared to OC. But with the help of this board (especially the research of the Laws so far), I've OCed many places recently and I'm feeling more comfortable about it.NOT less "careful" or diligent, but lessafraid.

We've all helped this section of OCDOget on its feet and move along, with some great threads and posts and questions.
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

Post imported post

Only 3 more weeks! :celebrate

Wait, that sounds like a long time......

Perhaps we should have bi-monthly meetings?
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

Post imported post

Well everyone, we're down to just one more week.

I'll try to have some of those business cards finished for input from everyone. And I'll be bringing a copy of my statutes/ordinances compilation.

I'll see y'all next Friday at IHOP (2/22/2008 @ 8:00pm)

Are we meeting outside, or inside? Especially for those who haven't seen/met anyone in person yet....
    Dave
    Delaware Open Carry

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm up for either... though hopefully it won't arouse suspicion that a group of 10 armed males are about to enter an IHOP.

Post imported post

Just like to say hello to all, just found this site and registered, if you are meeting on the 22, i would like to attend and meet and greet with everyone once a location has been determined. I live in Bear and would like to take part in the group. Thanks, Noah

Post imported post

As much as I would like to make the meeting, I'm scheduled to be at work:X. perhaps next time.

Post imported post

I think I am going to be able to make meeting....... I guess you'll know I'm there for the meeting even though we've never seen each other. Two tone P250 in paddle holster should be a dead giveaway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast