• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Castle County Get-Together #2!

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Well everyone, we're down to just one more week.

I'll try to have some of those business cards finished for input from everyone. And I'll be bringing a copy of my statutes/ordinances compilation.

I'll see y'all next Friday at IHOP (2/22/2008 @ 8:00pm)

Are we meeting outside, or inside? Especially for those who haven't seen/met anyone in person yet....

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I'm up for either... though hopefully it won't arouse suspicion that a group of 10 armed males are about to enter an IHOP. ;)

quagmire

imported post

Just like to say hello to all, just found this site and registered, if you are meeting on the 22, i would like to attend and meet and greet with everyone once a location has been determined. I live in Bear and would like to take part in the group. Thanks, Noah

Mr. Bruce

imported post

I think I am going to be able to make meeting....... I guess you'll know I'm there for the meeting even though we've never seen each other. Two tone P250 in paddle holster should be a dead giveaway.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

quagmire wrote:
Just like to say hello to all, just found this site and registered, if you are meeting on the 22, i would like to attend and meet and greet with everyone once a location has been determined. I live in Bear and would like to take part in the group. Thanks, Noah

You're more than welcome. :)

(Giggity!)

dave_in_delaware

imported post

quagmire wrote:
Hi Quagmire. Welcome to this great forum!

The location for our "meeting" is at IHOP on Route 13 near the airport, on Friday Feb 22 @ 8:00pm.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

gotarheels03 wrote:
I work till 8 on Friday's now, so I probably can't make it.

Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys next month.

Well, we'll probably still be there after an hour or so... how long would it take you to get to IHOP from your work? Better "late" than never, right? We can save you a seat.

quagmire

imported post

I wont be able to make this one either, i remembered i have a catering job that night and wont get out until 10(hopefully), but will certainly try to attend the next. Just wanted to say thanks again, after going through the posts for about 2 hours last night, found answers to questions that i had regarding oc, and cc, and all the work you guys put in is greatly appreciated and im looking forward to taking part.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Glad to hear it and hope to see you another time -- I'm in Bear, also. :) If you have any other questions, definitely feel free to ask away!

gotarheels03

imported post

I've never been to that Ihop, but it's actually not too far from work (I work on Market Street in Wilmington.) so I can probably make it. I'll be the skinny guy in the faded blue U of D hat.

I won't be carrying though. I'm stilla noob to guns in general (bought my 1st a few months ago) I'm also sending both Sigs out for refinishing, so I don't really have anything suitable for carry. I guess I could carry my little .22 Firestorm in a wrong-sided, police surplus P6duty holster:lol:

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I'm sorry to hear that some of you can't make it. :cry:Hopefully next time!

I've completed the "final draft" of my Open Carry "info" card. I'll be bringing one for everyone so you can take a look at it and give me some comments (bad or good) on it, soI can make corrections. Then, once completed and finalized, I'll print them on some worthy card stock.

I'll work on the "No guns = No $" cards next, and I hope to have one for you guys to give me some input on, too.

Only 2 more days! And be careful everyone if the weather is crappy like I've been hearing about...