• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the OC Scene

ChefW

imported post

Just a few questions for you folks. I'm a chef in Newark and new to concealed carrying and open carrying. I was just wondering where I could get a good glock 23 for a decent price. I was in the marines for a few years so I couldn't conceal or carry a weapon (Off-duty as i was a military police officer). I would like to get together to discuss this sometime. I'm always up for meeting new people and especially watching sheeple freak when the see someone doing something legal. Hope to hear from you delawareans soon! Thanks.

Wayne

MustangDave

imported post

Welcome to OCDO, I'm kinda new here too. There was a meeting of a few of us last week, and looks like we are planning another one for Feb. I am not really fimiliar with Glock prices even though I have one.

Do you have a CCDW?

bms429

imported post

Welcome to the forums. Check out gunbroker for all kinds of guns and then find an FFL in DE that you like to work with. I found a guy in Hockessin that I really like to deal with. I can give you his info if you want. Hopefully you will be able to get out to the range with us sometime. On that note, I may be trying to go out there this weekend to test out my new gun, SIG P239SAS. I cant wait to fire it up. Anyway, welcome and I'm sure you will find everyone here very nice and helpful

dave_in_delaware

imported post

That's a 40S&W version, right?

Delfast (Claymont, DE) has one (13 round FS)for $500.95 (on sale til Jan 31).Details here.

Miller's Sporting Goods (in Linwood,PA) has one, too -for $490! (on sale, too). Details here.

Strangely, my FFL friend has the same thing for $581.03!! :shock:The others aremuch cheaper for sure.

You could try calling Miller's (302-328-9747) and Shooters Supply (302-328-6242) and asking if they have any, or could order one for you.

Too bad X-ring doesn't have an FFL yet. :cry:I like them.

Hope that helps.

ChefW

imported post

Well thank you all for the warm welcome. Let me give you a little background. I just moved here in November 2007. Prior to that I was a U.S. Marine Military Police officer stationed in Albany, GA. I was discharged in November and now Iam a chef. I am really interested in CCW and open carry as I was allowed to do neither while in the marines (living on base sucked). Currently though, I am in the process of looking for a glock 23 in .40 S&W. I am also trying for my concealed permit, but in delaware everybody knows that you need 5 people need to fill out that darn questionairre. That's the problem I've been facing. I really would love to shoot with you guys. Once I get my Glock, let me know and I'm there. Thanks for all the info!

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

ChefW wrote:
Well thank you all for the warm welcome. Let me give you a little background. I just moved here in November 2007. Prior to that I was a U.S. Marine Military Police officer stationed in Albany, GA. I was discharged in November and now Iam a chef. I am really interested in CCW and open carry as I was allowed to do neither while in the marines (living on base sucked). Currently though, I am in the process of looking for a glock 23 in .40 S&W. I am also trying for my concealed permit, but in delaware everybody knows that you need 5 people need to fill out that darn questionairre. That's the problem I've been facing. I really would love to shoot with you guys. Once I get my Glock, let me know and I'm there. Thanks for all the info!

Don't wait till you have a gun to come shooting with us! I know with me, at least, if you bring your own ammo, I'm more than happy to let people shoot my XD. I'm sure other folks wouldn't mind, either. Heck, that's part of the fun of going to the range: shooting other weapons you've never shot before.

As for the Glock 23, I see a few auctions on Gunbroker.com starting in the mid $400 range. Even a buyout of $450 for one.

Mind if I ask at where you cook? Always on the lookout for some good chow.

ChefW

imported post

I'm a chef at the University of Delaware but I'm always open to some private catering. Hell when the summer months come around I want to do a cook out for all of us delawareans. I've been cooking for about 7 years. My previous job I was the Executive Chef of the Cleveland Indians. If you wanna come out sometime let me know! I'd love to go shooting with you too. Lemme know when and where!

ChefW

imported post

Well I'm really good at Italian, I was schooled in French. But any day gimme a few porkchops and a six pack! I like to cook anything really.

ChefW

imported post

I'm trying to get a CCDW permit. How long do you have to know someone before you can consider getting a questionairre from them? I've only been in the state a few months and I'm sure that the judge will laugh his butt off when he sees my application. Also, if I open carry in my car, isn't that consider concealed??

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

ChefW wrote:
I'm trying to get a CCDW permit. How long do you have to know someone before you can consider getting a questionairre from them? I've only been in the state a few months and I'm sure that the judge will laugh his butt off when he sees my application. Also, if I open carry in my car, isn't that consider concealed??
I'm not sure if there's a minimum -- that's one question I cannot answer there. And open carry in the car is open carry. Passenger seat or dashboard... Dave_in_Delaware does this and can probably offer some advice.

gotarheels03

imported post

bms429 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. Check out gunbroker for all kinds of guns and then find an FFL in DE that you like to work with. I found a guy in Hockessin that I really like to deal with. I can give you his info if you want. Hopefully you will be able to get out to the range with us sometime. On that note, I may be trying to go out there this weekend to test out my new gun, SIG P239SAS. I cant wait to fire it up. Anyway, welcome and I'm sure you will find everyone here very nice and helpful
Who's the guy you use in Hockessin? I live in Hockessin and my FFL lives across the street. It might be the same guy, since I think there's only 2 FFL's in Hockessin.

bms429

imported post

talk about convenient. i go to school up at goldey, so on schoool nights he is close for me. he is a nice guy. When I got my 229 I was number 9 on his log book.