• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ommelanden Trip, 1/27 @ 1:00pm Anyone?

radnor

imported post

I should be done with what I have to do in the morning, so I should be there by 1:00

Anyone else?????

hobobrent

imported post

I bought a new Savage .22LR for my sister today. Nice bolt gun, unfortunately they didn't have any with iron sights so I opted for the 4x32 that came with the gun. Got the gun on paper but ran short on time. I'll be going back to the range this week to get it zeroed in. She was shooting alright- 1 or 2 inch groups at 25yrds.

Now I just need to get her shooting well and comfy. Then we'll bump her up to the 12ga and teach her some basics on gunfighting!

We did have a fun hour or so before closing. I'm hoping that I can get her shooting decent groups at 100 yards before I leave for basic.

radnor

imported post

What time were you there? I stopped by around 1:00 and chatted with Bob for about 45 minutes or so.

hobobrent

imported post

I showed up around 2:30. I'm going to try and get back on wednesday to dial the gun in.

bms429

imported post

Yea, I never made it out to ommelanden this weekend. Will def be out there this coming weekend. My friends really wanted to hit up targetmaster, so that is where we went. It was fun and nice cause it was warm, but talk about freaking expensive. I think that was the most expensive trip to the range I have ever taken. They wont let you shoot WWB, so I had to buy some ammo for my 40, which was ridiculous in price. Like 30-35 for 100 rounds. I wont be back up there unless I get the urge to rent a full auto gun.

hobobrent

imported post

I should be at Ommelanden this wednesday dialing my sis's .22 in. If anybody would like to go.