• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitt Romney

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

As I stated earlier, I am still waiting for my horns!
devil.gif

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Honk Honk. If you got a car you more than likely have horns.

Horns or not, is not the point. The point is Mitt Romney is a flip flopper. If your a flip flopper you have no morals and can't be trusted.

The first Bush said "No new taxes." See what it got him.

UtahRSO

imported post

Well, vmathis, I gotta sincerely apologize to you. Your comment about Romney having horns surely wasn't the religious slam I took it to be. I just lost my cool when I shouldn't have. I should have just PMed you, and got the straight meaning before I got red-eyed.

This whole thing really frustrates me, because at this point I can't support any Republican candidate. And yet the thought of a Democrat president is unthinkable.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ama-gi wrote:
UtahRSO wrote:
And yet the thought of a Democrat president is unthinkable.

I don't find it to be all that different from what we have now, honestly. The Supreme Court is really the only difference.
I share UtahRSO's sentiments. And would add that that SCOTUS and federal court appointments are a huge deal. That doesn't make me feel any more comfortable or happy about the choices only cognizant of the fact that we are going to be mostly screwed regardless of which candidate gets elected this time.

sjhipple

imported post

Mitt Romney: Manchurian Candidate?

RedState.com thinks he might be
During Gov. Romney’s speech, one of his handlers mentioned to one of our staff people that any time Gov. Romney needed to wrap things up, he would be happy to let Gov. Romney know through the ear-piece that he wore.

Being unfamiliar with whether or not presidential candidates wear Jack Bauer-like ear pieces, I simply assumed this was common practice.

All that changed during the most recent debate.

During the Republican debate recently held in Florida, there was a very strange moment when a whisper was heard over the television. Apparently, those in the auditorium, including the candidates, were unable to hear it, but those watching on television heard it clearly.

Moderator Tim Russert asked Romney the question on Reagan -- “Will you do for social security what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?” Immediately following Russert’s question, there is an audible statement in just one channel of audio saying “not raise taxes.”
Then Romney says “I’m not going to raise taxes…”

Click here to view and hear the recording:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3397605068349566410&q=romney+wh...

When fully amplified, many have said the whisperer seems to be saying, "he raised taxes. I'm not gonna."

sjhipple

imported post

Heh, here's another appearance of the Romney Whisperer. This is getting interesting. I have no idea what to make of this. There are various theories, none of which make complete sense.

Btw, this is the Romney answer where, in the same anser, he says that he signed, and "just as the president," supports an assault weapon ban at the federal level...and then goes on to say (after the whisper) that he does NOT in fact support any "new legislation." I have no idea how you square those two statements, but it's very Romney-esque is it not?

--EDIT--

Politics after YouTube is fascinating, isn't it?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ama-gi wrote:

During Gov. Romney’s speech, one of his handlers mentioned to one of our staff people that any time Gov. Romney needed to wrap things up, he would be happy to let Gov. Romney know through the ear-piece that he wore.

Being unfamiliar with whether or not presidential candidates wear Jack Bauer-like ear pieces, I simply assumed this was common practice.

During the Republican debate recently held in Florida, there was a very strange moment when a whisper was heard over the television. Apparently, those in the auditorium, including the candidates, were unable to hear it, but those watching on television heard it clearly.

Moderator Tim Russert asked Romney the question on Reagan -- “Will you do for social security what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?” Immediately following Russert’s question, there is an audible statement in just one channel of audio saying “not raise taxes.”

When fully amplified, many have said the whisperer seems to be saying, "he raised taxes. I'm not gonna."
It sounds to me that is was someone behind Russert (audience) that was caught on his mike, and it is a coincidence that Romney said it at the say time.

unrequited

imported post

Venator wrote:
ama-gi wrote:

It sounds to me that is was someone behind Russert (audience) that was caught on his mike, and it is a coincidence that Romney said it at the say time.

Here's a second one... I think he was being prompted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK408oqEyOU

kmcdowel

imported post

...will there ever be a candidate we completely love? ...will there ever be one (that has a chance) thatwe even like? Or are elections simply choosing the lesser of two evils? I don't care if it is McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Dr. Paul or George Bush running for re-re-election; he will get my vote before Obama/Ted Kennedyor Clinton ever would.
Top 10 Anti-Gun Senators
Note #'s four and seven.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

buketdude wrote:
Did anyone just see Mike Huckabee ask Mitt Romney to clarify his views on the 2nd amendment in the debate???

I am pretty sure i just heard Romney say he "just as bush would have signed to renewthe assault weapons ban he would have"...then 5 seconds later he said he does not support any newfederal legistlation on guns including an "assualt weapons" ban.......i am sure there will be you-tube of this....

Romney is a crock of $hit. He became a Lifetime NRA member a year AFTER he started to run. He just pulls stunts just like any other polititian to get votes. He being a "mormon" should be more truthful than he is and not lower himself to others level.

If he pulls stunts like that AFTER the fact how will it then be AFTER ( IF he would take office) and just starting changing. No wait that just sounds like a polititian again. Never mind