• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Old Are You?

How Old are You?

• 20-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 18-20

• less than 18

• 25-30

• 35-40

• 40-45

• 45-50

• 50-55

• 55-60

• 60+

• Total voters

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Naah. It's a corrupt poll for technical statistical reasons (which category does a 20 y.o. mark). And the answers are already in everyone's profile - for those that choose to look.

Are the 'profile' ages lies? That's up to the pariah trying to claim some authority or seniority from his age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument in logic, consisting on basing the truth value of an assertion on the authority, knowledge or position of the person asserting it. [...] The corresponding reverse case would be an ad hominem attack: to imply that the claim is false because the asserter lacks authority or is otherwise objectionable.
He has, 'in the same breath,' questioned another's service. As a VietNam Era vet <rant deleted>...

Either we are equal or we are not! If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA MA$$

Marco

imported post

It should have been
under 18
18-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71 & >

Why do you wish to know, what do you think it will tell you?

Age is only a number.
It doesn't equal/guaranteeknowledge or experience.:p

Older people should have more life experience but it doesn't guarantee they learned anything.
I'm in the median group.

Not everyone listed theirDOB in their profile.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

And not everyone has listed their 'State'.

I'll again tell the story; my division head was once asked to allow us to put our titles on our engineer's hardhats, something more than our generic Nuclear Engineering Department tangled-asshole. He continued to disallow it, saying that 'we were to be known by our bearing and presence.' ETA: Actually he prolly said something like, 'No dammit! You're an effing STE and if they can't tell then I don't want you in my office. Now get the hell out!" http://www.nnsy1.navy.mil/DeptLinks/test_division.htm

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Sheldon wrote:
So I am curious, am I the only person here older than dirt?

Sheldon, Having looked at when you were born stop saying you are older than dirt, you are just few years older than me and I don't want to be as old as dirt yet. From some of your posts I thought you were in your 80's going on a 100.

Legba

imported post

40 - I was born the winter before the Summer of Love. There's an irony in this somewhere...

-ljp

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I am beginning to wonder as to our new friend Sheldon's intentions on this forum. His contributions thusfar have been questionable. Anyone else getting a "vibe" from Sheldon?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Don't worry Doug, no one would accuse you of being anything but supportive and accepting of Mr. Sheldon's contributions :lol:. I know I wouldn't!:celebrate

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Oh, I'm perfectly accepting. Just not of their provenance. All of our opinions are of little value, equal only to the effort in their development and exposition.

I/we have opinions on lots of things. I happen to like ... well, that's off topic except I can defend my preferences from principle.

I'm gonna scan thru this book that I read recently and quote a passage from it apropos action before or after principle.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

100% agreed. "The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense!"

A small digression, but a pertinent one: If you have no way to substantiate your assertions, they are not worth the bandwith you are wasting by posting them. Also, requesting information without providing a justification for deceitful purposes is a futile endeavor here.