• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Sex Offender Mapping

dave_in_delaware

imported post

To go along w/ the NCCCrime Mapping thread, here's a more visual way of locating offenders in your neighborhood. Just enter your address (or just city/state/zip), and up pops a map w/ offender locations. Click on the boxes to get more info on the offender, including a picture!

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

There are a few sex offenders a little too close to my house! :cuss:

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Yes, it is. Sex offenders better pray they stay away from MY kids. Or else they'll move from the "Sex Offender Map" to the "Crimes Mapping" map (as a justified shooting statistic).

Sick f#&ks.

swillden

imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Yes, it is. Sex offenders better pray they stay away from MY kids. Or else they'll move from the "Sex Offender Map" to the "Crimes Mapping" map (as a justified shooting statistic).

Sick f#&ks.
Be careful. Lots of people are officially on the sex offender lists for things that had nothing to do with children, and really weren't that big of a deal. Lots of cases of statutory rape, for example, where it was perfectly consensual and both were kids, but one happened to be just over the line. Oh, and those count as "offenses against children."

Others are on the list because they were accused of things by pissed-off girlfriends, and the judges bought the woman's story. I know one like that, and although there's no way to really know what happened, the fact is that he's never had any other trouble in 10 years and she's been "assaulted" by a whole series of boyfriends, most of whom have also never done anything else.

There are others that are real sickos, of course, but they're actually a small minority, and there's not usually not enough information to tell the difference between the ones that made a little mistake and the ones that are dangerous perverts.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

swillden wrote:
Be careful. Lots of people are officially on the sex offender lists for things that had nothing to do with children, and really weren't that big of a deal. Lots of cases of statutory rape, for example, where it was perfectly consensual and both were kids, but one happened to be just over the line. Oh, and those count as "offenses against children."

Others are on the list because they were accused of things by pissed-off girlfriends, and the judges bought the woman's story. I know one like that, and although there's no way to really know what happened, the fact is that he's never had any other trouble in 10 years and she's been "assaulted" by a whole series of boyfriends, most of whom have also never done anything else.

There are others that are real sickos, of course, but they're actually a small minority, and there's not usually not enough information to tell the difference between the ones that made a little mistake and the ones that are dangerous perverts.
Yes, I'm aware that the majority of people that are on the list are NOT involved in child-related crimes.

I was only talking about those who try to get kids into their cars (which I've heard about a lot lately around here, one case just a few blocks frommy fiancee's house), and those who have raped someone under 16 years of age (which are two within a few blocks of my fiancee's house, and 2 within a few blocks of my house). Those are the sick f#&ks I'm referring to.

My kids really like the fact that their Daddy is ready to protect them when we're "in public," especially at night. I've warned them about people trying to get them into a car, and my kids tell me that they know, and have learned about strangers at school, too.

There are too many evil people out there to feel "safe" everywhere all the time. :cry: