• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to get a felony expunged...

kmcdowel

imported post

Was going to ask about this for my dad, but am pretty sure it's a waste of time. He has more than one criminal conviction (one felony...at least one misdemenor). They are all over 20 years old, but that is irrelevant.

Multiple Convictions - Misdemeanors

A person who is convicted of not more than one offense may file an application with the convicting court for the entry of an order setting aside the conviction. A person may have only one conviction expunged. Thus, a person convicted of only one offense may obtain expungement, but a person convicted of more than one offense may not obtain expungement. Multiple offenses which disqualify a person from expungement include any convictions, whether misdemeanor or felony. MCL 780.621(1)

1. Do you have more than one adult criminal conviction or more than one juvenile adjudication? If so, You cannot get your criminal record expunged. It does not matter if only one of the crimes is a felony. Even if only one of the crimes is serious, you cannot get an expungement.

Thanks anyways...