Thread: Another State Police Encounter

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

A friend who has a backhoe and I went to work on the site for my weekend house yesterday. He met me in Southside and I rode whith him since he had the backhoe and my tractor was already there.

It's about an hour and a half ride to the farm. When we got in Amelia county, a State Trooper pulled up behind us and hit his lights. I was wearing my Carhart jacket that I run the tractor in and it has a holster sewn on the left shoulder. I use my American Derringer Corp 45LC/.410 in the jacket because it's light and has enough power for belt buckle to belly button, shooting.

Anyway, the Officer must have run his plates because he asked for license and registration and asked, "Do you have your weapon with you"

He said yes, it's on my belt. The officer looked at me and said "I see yours".

He grinned and said, I pulled you because your inspection on your trailer expired......3 years ago...and neither of you have your seat belts on. Then he said, I'm not going to give you a ticket for the seat belts because.....I'm not sure you can find them (Really grinning now). His truck is dirtier than mine.:shock:

He wrote the Sticker Ticket and left.

I never have any problems with the State Police.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

peter nap edited:

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Selt belt violations are secondary offenses in Va, though Sen. Ticer's bill to make them primary passed the Senate - we will need to kill in in the House.

Post imported post

sounds like the trooper was a pretty good guy.

One question I have, though, is you're carrying to protect your life from shitbags, but you're not wearing a seatbelt? Sorry to sound like an *******, but that just doesn't make any sense. I feel like a dumbass enough for wearing my seatbelt all the time, carrying my damned gun, and cancelling those two things out by smoking!

Post imported post

That's an easy question. The government tells me I have to wear my seat belt. Unless it's something I can get tossed in jail for or pay a big fine.....It's a sure bet that I WON'T do it!

I tear the tags off of mattresses too!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    That's an easy question. The government tells me I have to wear my seat belt. Unless it's something I can get tossed in jail for or pay a big fine.....It's a sure bet that I WON'T do it!

so, if the .gov told you that you HAD to carry a gun, you wouldn't ...unless it was punishable by jailtime or a big fine?

Post imported post

so, if the .gov told you that you HAD to carry a gun, you wouldn't ...unless it was punishable by jailtime or a big fine?
    Boy...that would be a dirty trick. Don't give the SOBS any ideas.
    If that happened, I guess I'd have to buy some lace underwear and go to work for Saslaw:what:

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

They do, it's called getting drafted. Hasn't happened in a while, but give it time.

Post imported post

Wait a minute! Are you sure your from Kentucky? I've never heard such dirty talk from Mountain People before!

Tomahawk, your right! Bush will have the draft back and a lot of people will be in trouble since you need a passport to get into Canada now.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Wait a minute! Are you sure your from Kentucky? I've never heard such dirty talk from Mountain People before!

Tomahawk, your right! Bush will have the draft back and a lot of people will be in trouble since you need a passport to get into Canada now.
    mountain people? There aren't any mountains east of the Mississippi River, dude, just big ******* hills ...LOL

I'm not worried about Bush and his draft, Ron Paul is gonna save us all :celebrate