Everyone should be very happy that GrassRoots members showed up to protest at the PEG protest.
The speakers railed on for quite a long while, especially so when one considers this was supposed to be a silent protest.
PEG people wanted:
1. a renewed assault weapon ban
2. a renewed normal capacity magazine ban
3. criminal sanctions for gun owners who have a gun stolen and fail to report it stolen within an arbitrary time period
4. child safety locks
5. gun registration for BOTH handguns and long guns
6. mandatory "safety" training prior to purchase of a firearm
7. "lock up your safety" law
8. "one gun a month" law
9. repeal of the state pre-emption law so as to allow cities to ban guns
There were other issues they wanted, but after listening to them drone on and on for over 15 minutes, I lost track.
If GrassRoots had not been there to present the pro gun rights side of things, then the mass media would have been left with only the other side to air.
Thank you to all who came to make sure the coverage was as balanced as we could hope for. It truly is the small things that people do that make the differences. Thank you.