Thread: Truebrit In Memorium

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

In case anyone didn't see it, longtime contributor Truebrit has passed away. His widow has informed us here.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/7741.html

I think it would be nice to respectfully show our appreciation for him there.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to his wife and family.

Post imported post

I'm not sure how we would add to the eloquence of several comments in the other thread. I will miss him and his, in many ways unique, perspective on our nation and our freedoms and his true love of freedom and liberty for every man. He embodied the spirit of our forefathers, many of whom also migrated from Britain to form a new nation born of liberty.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I am sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family.

Post imported post

There are posts that you skim over and there are those that you read carefully, in detail. Truebrit was the kind of gentleman to whom I always made a point of paying attention. In the scope of this forum, the only way I personally knew him, he always struck me as kind, earnest, and a Truepatriot, if you will.

No man is an island. entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    --John Donne Meditation XVII

Post imported post

Goodbye

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Goodbye
    And may GOD Bless!!!

Post imported post

I've only just learned of this and am very sad to hear it. My condolances to family and friends. Requiescat in pace.

-ljp

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just found out, too.

My condolences to his widow also...he was a rare Brit who clearly wasNOT one of the millions of mediocre liberal naive "sold out my rights and proud of it" UK Sheeple.

Isn't it ironic that the "Liberties of Englishmen"were forgedin England (of course) several hundred years ago, but nowadays, it survives in some degree not in England, Canada or Australia, but only here in America...andONLY HERE because of anunending struggleof some still-free Americans against the anti-gun movement to keepthese liberties-- primarily the RKBA -- alive.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

I would likethe community here at open carry to konw a little more about Truebrit.He was my stepfather of 10 wonderful years. He was a perfect husband tomy mother, (truebrits wife) and all I could ask for in a father or stepfather.Truebrit knew how important our rights are because of the lack of these rights in hisplace of birth, England, and many other countries.He was a careing,kind and compasionate man who put his family before himself.He taught me so much in those 10 years, I could go on for days. I know he spent a lot of time on this site,andheenjoyed every moment here thanks to all of you. I will never forgethim, and the pain of his losshas been overwelming. But he is in the kingdom of God now, no pain, no death, no sorrow. GodspeedTRUEBRIT, I love you! Your stepson, Bobby

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes...God Bless him...and you and your family, too.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

god bless you cloudcroft! And thank you.

Post imported post

We'll miss you, sir. You have left us with an honorable memory, many wise words, and an example we should all be proud to follow.

Save us some ammo up there.

Post imported post

Dear Mrs. Truebrit and Truebrit'sboy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I, like so many others here, so very much enjoyed Truebrit's posts. They were filled with a combination ofwisdom, wit, truth and humor that is rarely (yet sadly) expressed in the written word these days.

After reading Truebrit'sboy's post describing his step-father, I must say that I am not surprised.

Let me say to Mrs. Truebrit and Truebrit'sboy the same words thatI spoke at my mother's passing just over two weeks ago, "Many herehaveexpressed their sympathyand sorrow for our loss, we do not consider it our loss, forwe know without a doubt where she is and that she isreceiving God's G.R.A.C.E., God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Love is the tie that binds, God is the Creator and the Author of love, God is love, and the love we give comes from God in us, and through us. Godsent His love down to us, God does not takeHis loveback,but He takes us back because He loves us. God cannot die, and so love cannot die. God's loveis mighty and strong, growing stronger with each day, and so it should be with our hope and faith, sonowand everyday it should be strengthened, and in one's passing... lengthened. Blessed be the ties that bind!!!

Post imported post

MODERATOR - you may want to merge this thread with another (which has garnered quite a few posts):

Post imported post

Truebrit family, please accept my condolences on the death of your loved one.

As others have said, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him; but in a sense, we had met many times, as we often posted back and forth on the same topics. I was always impressed by his erudition, humility and civility. I will miss seeing his well written posts and witty rejoinders. May God rest his soul.

Dutch Uncle

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Truebrit family, please accept my condolences on the death of your loved one.

As others have said, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him; but in a sense, we had met many times, as we often posted back and forth on the same topics. I was always impressed by his erudition, humility and civility. I will miss seeing his well written posts and witty rejoinders. May God rest his soul.

Dutch Uncle
    First, I would like to offer my genuineheart-felt condolences to the family of TrueBrit. I am deeply shocked and saddened by this and I regretjust learning of this well after-the-fact.

I never personally met TrueBrit, but I don't think I would be over stepping my bounds by saying that I considered him a trusted friend that I spoke to over internet forums for years and shared many thoughts over private messages regularly. In fact, I have been gone from forums for a while and just sent him a pm the other day to catch up and just thought he may have been busy holding down the second amendment for Kentucky...

I always considered him to be a gentleman in the true sense of the word and a knowledgeable poster and he wasvery bright. May you rest in peace TrueBrit, we will miss you..
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    MODERATOR - you may want to merge this thread with another (which has garnered quite a few posts):

Truebrit - never forgotten him, never will.

Can't merge the two threads - old archived entries are apparently lost/not available.

PS - just found it on the WayBackMachine
    http://web.archive.org/web/200806250...25/7741-1.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Humph,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Truebrit - never forgotten him, never will.

Can't merge the two threads - old archived entries are apparently lost/not available.

PS - just found it on the WayBackMachine
    http://web.archive.org/web/200806250...25/7741-1.html

Why oh why??
    Did you drag up this 4 year old thread?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Why oh why??
    Did you drag up this 4 year old thread?
    Got a new Brit coming to VA - this thread was referred to in the new one - thought I'd see who would reply.

Question is why are you still subscribed if you don't wanna hear?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Got a new Brit coming to VA - this thread was referred to in the new one - thought I'd see who would reply.

Question is why are you still subscribed if you don't wanna hear?
    This thread got referred in the VA forum by... yourself.
    I posted here, then later read the VA forum thread about a brits plans to come over,
    including your repost from trewbritsboy that is in this thread.
    your repost led me to believe that you were trewbrits stepson.
    corfuzing and confounding, but,,, Im sorry for his passing too.
    posting in the new tread made sense, but raising this one didnt.
    you recently chided a noob for a necro post, writing that a 4 yr old thread might be a record. that record didnt stand long!

as for not subscribing if I dont want to read... How would I know I dont want to read,, untill I read...

I follow and keep current with 15 of this sites fora, I read new threads, and new posts when they appear,
    I do get a kick out of seeing really old threads resurected by real noobs, even when you do it.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    This thread got referred in the VA forum by... yourself.
    --snip--
    I do get a kick out of seeing really old threads resurected by real noobs, even when you do it.
    So glad I could contribute to your entertainment.

Fixed the formatting to clarify that I am not Bobbie.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-08-2012 at 11:27 AM.