• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"I want people disarmed"

Tomahawk

imported post

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/01/25/matthews-machine-guns-2nd-amendment-i-want-people-disarmed
MATTHEWS: You know what I think? In big cities they ought to check people on sidewalks like getting on airplanes. And why an airplane should be safer than an American sidewalk is crazy to me. Why you can walk down the sidewalk of an American city carrying a concealed weapon without a license is wacky.

MURDOCK: I think [you should have to have] a license.

MATTHEWS: But that's what's going on. I'm talking about a different point here. I want to see people disarmed. I want people disarmed in our major cities. How's that for a plan? I don't think we should all be armed, and I don't think more guns is the answer. I think it's wacky to say that the solution to armed robbery and killing in our streets in big cities is to put more arms in the streets. Anyway, thank you Deroy.

Not that I liked this poltroon in the first place, but now I know exactly where he stands.

Thundar

imported post

Beside showing his true colors and desires for gun prohibitions, Mr. Hard Ball has shown an utter contempt for the constitution and the 4th Amendment. Can you imagine if in our free nation people were randomly stopped on the streets and searched without warrant or even probable cause? State sponsored internal checkpoints to ensure we all conform to the wishes of maximum leader Chris Matthews.

Then again,hasn't the Border patrol alreadyset upinternal checkpoints?

sjhipple

imported post

He's shown his colors before, but not as plainly. He said that Huckabee was "crazy" for saying that the 2nd Amendment's purpose was so people could overthrow the government, for instance.

He's still the best interviewer there is for making people answer a question. And unlike Bill'O who tries to play Chris Mathews on TV, he actually gives them an opportunity to answer without screaming like a 3 year old.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Forty-five wrote:
The required IQ for a tv news host is like what, 40?
Either we are equal or we are not.

Ahh, I think that the probable IQ for a TV talking head is - surprise surprise - 100. Please don't damage the common egalitarianism here by elevating us above the demos.

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Sage of Seattle

imported post

I want people disarmed in our major cities. How's that for a plan?

Hmmm... lessee here.... guns essentially banned in LA, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Detroit, almost got a ban passed in San Fran (specifically)..... looks like people ARE disarmed in our major cities.

How's that workin' for ya so far, Chris ol' pal?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just send him a note asking if he's willing to forfeit his life by honorable suicide the first timea disarmed person is gravely injured or killed by a criminal.

Also, we used to have around here somewhere a little declaration forgun-grabbers to sign that they are willing to forfeit their RKBA andthusprovetheir personal commitment. Maybe send him that.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would like to see these main stream media talking head types opposed to our constitutional rights take a pledge to not hire any armed body guards/security nor work or live in buildings with armed security.

You know, live like the rest of us who don't get driven to work in chauffered limosines, pass by armed security to go to work, and have a security detail shadowing us when out in public. You know, people not like say Rosie O'Donnell. I don't know for a fact that Matthews also has those private security advantages, but I am betting he does have the benefit of armed security during at least some portions of his normal day.

Tomahawk

imported post

I would settle for having TSA clowns stop him and frisk him on the sidewalk everytime he steps outside. That would make a really funny youtube vid.

Matthews%2520Freedom.JPG

Weak 9mm

imported post

Can you imagine the irony when he says to the cops frisking him everyday on the way into work "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE ONE WHO WANTED THIS LAW!"

ME ME ME ME ME!!!! MEMEMEMEMEME!!! ME...... MEME.... MEMEMEMEME..... ME. I AM THE MOST IMPORTANT..... ME.... MAKE ME COMFORTABLE.... I..... ME.....

Do you guys think he's even considered the fact that he would also be subject to such abuse if a law of this nature were enacted?

The sad thing is that most of the people I know think this way, and also have no clue that many of the major US cities already don't allow CC or OC.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Here's what Chris Matthews is calling for:
security_fence.jpg

The uniforms on the security (and anti-privacy) agents are too generic. Who are the agents of government tyranny? Whose paramilitarization concerns insightful patriot activists?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$