Thread: What a Shame - The Roanoke Times

Post imported post

The Roanoke Time is at it again slamming two Senators who stood up for our rights. Read their dribble here:

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/wb/148316

I wonder if they will print my reply;

"I want to take this opportunity to commend Senators Edwards and Reynolds for standing up against all of the hype and incorrect information about the inappropriately termed “Gun Show Loophole”. In doing so, they defended our Constitution against those that want to take away our rights as citizens of this great country. I served twenty years in the Marine Corps and swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. When I swore that oath, I didn’t get to pick what parts of the Constitution I was going to defend, I was to defend all of it. Our rights are slowly being taken away in little pieces, whether it’s the freedom of the Press and free speech, the individual right to own a gun, freedom of religion and on and on. We haft to stop this trend of giving up our rights. A true patriot is the person that will defend your rights even though he doesn’t agree with your position but recognizes that it’s still your rights. Senators Edwards and Reynolds deserve your admiration and respect for standing up and defending our rights."
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

I can't believe it, Roanoke Times actually printed a pro-gun editorial and posted my letter to them about Senators Edwards and Reynolds standing up for our rights in the Committee Meeting when they voted on the "Gun Show Loophole".

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/letters/wb/149141
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good Show on your letter, streetdoc! I like the Federal Q2B ("It's not a firetruck, unless its got a Q-Siren")for your avatar, too. Wow, those things are expensive, now - $1500.

Post imported post

Well said!

Post imported post

They printed my editorial too. Mine was printed just above yours. I have to agree that a firetruck is not a firetruck unless it has a federal, but I will take it a step further. It should have airhorns too!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009