• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What a Shame - The Roanoke Times

streetdoc

imported post

The Roanoke Time is at it again slamming two Senators who stood up for our rights. Read their dribble here:

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/wb/148316

I wonder if they will print my reply;

"I want to take this opportunity to commend Senators Edwards and Reynolds for standing up against all of the hype and incorrect information about the inappropriately termed “Gun Show Loophole”. In doing so, they defended our Constitution against those that want to take away our rights as citizens of this great country. I served twenty years in the Marine Corps and swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. When I swore that oath, I didn’t get to pick what parts of the Constitution I was going to defend, I was to defend all of it. Our rights are slowly being taken away in little pieces, whether it’s the freedom of the Press and free speech, the individual right to own a gun, freedom of religion and on and on. We haft to stop this trend of giving up our rights. A true patriot is the person that will defend your rights even though he doesn’t agree with your position but recognizes that it’s still your rights. Senators Edwards and Reynolds deserve your admiration and respect for standing up and defending our rights."

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good Show on your letter, streetdoc! I like the Federal Q2B ("It's not a firetruck, unless its got a Q-Siren")for your avatar, too. Wow, those things are expensive, now - $1500.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They printed my editorial too. Mine was printed just above yours. I have to agree that a firetruck is not a firetruck unless it has a federal, but I will take it a step further. It should have airhorns too!