• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out East OC Get Together..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So I was sitting here mentioning to my g/f that a few more OCDO members have been popping up out here by the ocean. She asked if there had been any get-togethers, and I said no, but I've been keeping an eye out. Well thenI figured, why don't I just throw it out there? :D

So who wants to have an OC lunch/hang out type thingy in the Jacksonville/Havelock/Atlantic Beach/Greenville area? There's a range in Havelock, and one down by J-ville (that I've never been to), so those might be good places to be near. I figure we'll keep it simple and just meet at some sort of restaurant for a meal and getting to know each other, then possibly going to a range to fire off some rounds, or vice versa.

Just post here and let me know if you're interested, the general area that is good for you, what days are good (I'm assuming this will be like a Saturday afternoon type thing) and any other suggestions you may have! :D

Weak 9mm

imported post

I would be available to meet on a weekend, but I'll be coming from Raleigh so it may depend upon how far away it is. If it's not too bad of a drive I don't see any reason why I wouldn't go though.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well thats a Raleigh guy and a Norfolk guy so far. Where are all the Jacksonville fellas?? lol
I would be available to meet on a weekend, but I'll be coming from Raleigh so it may depend upon how far away it is. If it's not too bad of a drive I don't see any reason why I wouldn't go though.
I just made a business trip to Raleigh last Friday, and it's really not a bad drive. It would probably be like 2.5 hours for you if we did this near the range in Havelock (probably the best one around here).

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Keep in mind, if enough people agree, we could always do something closer to Raleigh. I wouldn't mind taking the trip if there's a real nice range out that way. It's all up to the group.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Dre, I have to wait until the weather turns warmer. If my wife and son know I'm heading out east, they'll start packing their swimsuits. Even with my 3/2 wetsuit that water is cold!!!!

southernbnb

imported post

i am totally in for a meet! there are a couple of ranges here in jacksonville. flatwoods outfitters is actually in hubert which isjust outside jacksonville and they have an outdoor pistol and rifle range. its $15 per person for all day access to the range. i havent been there but i hear its nice. sportsmans lodge which isinjacksonville has a 25yd indoor range with ten lanes. it costs $10 for all day access. i have been there and like it alot. they have a bunch of different pistols for rent and even an old school tommy gun! if we are gonna plan a meet i am off every other weekend so just let me know!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, we've got a few people. That's at least 4-5, which wouldn't be bad. I'm sure Jeepinbanditrider will show up, as well. I'll have to e-mail him, since he hasn't seen this thread yet apparently.

Because of the freedom of the range in Havelock (secluded "shotgun area" where we can shoot steel knock-downs, water bottles, stuffed animals, or whatever else we bring, plus a full 200 yd range with a pistol and rifle side), and the relatively low price of $8 for the first hour, $16 for the day (I believe, I'll have to confirm that), I would suggest we go there.

We'restill very much open for suggestions though, so if someone knows of a better range, or can't make it out this far, speak up and we'll see what works best for everyone.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, sooo if we did something at B&R, it looks like these people should be able to make it, right?: jeepinbanditrider, weak 9mm, southernbnb, usmc91e6, myself.

.40 Cal, being out in Charlotte I understand it would have to be a weekend-stay trip for you, so hopefully you can join us for another get-together later in the summer. OBXMIKE, it'd be great to have you here, but it IS a bit of a trip from Norfolk. If you're still game, let us know.

As far as significant others go, I will have my g/f there, and I don't see why it'd be a problem for the rest of us to bring the g/fs/wifeys.

Ok so I will call the range tomorrow and ask about fees, and the possibility of a group discount (probably not, but can't hurt to ask). I'll post that tomorrow, and in the mean time, please let me know if there are any weekends that wont work, or if you have a reason for a specific day. I'm assuming this will be a Saturday thing.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

jeepinbanditrider wrote:
I've got a motorcycle thing going on with some guys on advrider.com the weekend of the 23rd which just happens to also be the weekend of the USPSA match up at B&R.
Sooo is that NOT a good weekend, then? I'm not sure if you're saying you'll be busy, or if you'd just bring all your biker buddies to the range lol. :D

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

LOL not sure looks like the MC thing may be canceled:( untill further notice due to lack of participation. Just set a date and as long as it's not the next long weekend we have (prez. day I think) I'll be there.