• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out East OC Get Together..

OBXMIKE

imported post

I'm in......

It'll give me an excuse to come down and visit with my folks in Beaufort. May bring my dad and son along.... Long as ya'llpromise not topick on me too bad about my 11 year old out-shooting me! :lol:

I'll keep up with developments and give you a definite head count as it gets nearer.

Dre.....thanks for making the effort to get us together for a shoot. I know it's a bit of leg-work. I'm sure I speak for all of us in expressing appreciation.

Mike

southernbnb

imported post

yeah dre what he said!! lol thanks for being so persistent about getting a meet together!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

No problem guys. I've kinda felt all alone open carrying out here. It'll be nice, and maybe even a little weird to hang out with other OC'ers.

Anyway I was gonna verify range fee's, but I forgot that they're closed on Mondays :?. As far as the date goes, how does Sat., Feb 23rd sound for everyone? As we get closer we'll have to watch the weather and see how things go. Could everyone that wants to go please send me a PM on here with your e-mail address? That way I can throw out directions/information/plan changes to everyone at once.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Next question for everyone, where do you want to eat? Here's a quick list of the places in the general area of the range in Havelockthat don't serve alcohol (other than the standard fast food joints):

Andy's (50's style diner, good burgers and cheese steak)

Smithfield's (Eastern Carolina porkBBQ, fried chicken and shrimp, banana puddin!)

Subway (subs, duh)

IHOP (probably the best food, but it's down the road a ways in New Bern)

Golden Corral (the best "social gathering" place, but again, down the road in New Bern)

There may be a chinese and/or pizza joint around here that doesn't serve alcohol, but I'm not completely sure. We can always hit one of the fast food places, too. If you guys want to go unarmed, there are more choices, but I doubt that'll be the case :D. The other option is to have a BBQ at Havelock City Park...it's right behind the police station, and they have "No Concealed Weapons" signs posted, but we wont be concealed, right? ;) lol

Let me know where you guys would like to eat, or if you care.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Wow, it looks like I can take 70 all the way in if it's the B&R on 1775 Lake Road.

As a side note, it has now been established that I am an extreme liability with any kind of Mossberg, and will likely point it at myself and everyone around me as much as possible, loaded, with the safety off, and with my finger on the trigger of course.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol what?!?!

Anyway I'll be sending out directions, if not maps, in an e-mail when we get closer to the date, but you're right, highway 70 takes you almost all the way here, save a few quit turns at the end of your journey. Havelock isn't a hard place to get to.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Oh, I'm just annoyed about my thread where the employee of the gun store grabbed the barrel of a Mossberg I was holding causing it to point at another employee temporarily. My finger wasn't on the trigger, it was verified unloaded about 6 times by then and the safety was on. Anyway, some folks are still telling me how it's entirely my fault, and that "if my wife had walked in the room, blah, blah, blah" scenarios,etc.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol All right dude, well we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you bring the shotty to the range anyway :p.

I've only gotten a few e-mails, so those of you that haven't please shoot me a PM. That, and let me know where ya'll wanna eat! :D

Weak 9mm

imported post

That's gonna be a difficult decision, I honestly like all of those places. We don't have smithfield bbq out this way, unless I drive to clayton, so that might be nice. Subway is good too, but it does seem more "fast food" than i-HO or Golden C.

Golden C would have the benefit of the buffet for those with higher volume stomachs.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, for the moment I'm leaning towards Smithfield'sto stay in town, or Golden Coral even though it's a little out of the way. It will probably be one of those two places unless you guys express a major disinterest in either of those.

clutchnc

imported post

I live in havelock and shoot at B&R has anyone heard of them having 3 gun matches? if so do you have any info? also i would love to come out and shoot with you all if your planning something big. i have lots of fun toys to play with.

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

Clutch we have USPSA matches twice a month there. The 2nd and 4th saturdays of the month.

Which means this weekend is a match day.

The 1st sats are "fun days" meaning run whatcha brung (rifle or pistol). This weekend however there are steel targets on one or two of the stages. So if you do bring a rifle bring a pistol to shoot those stages.:)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

clutchnc wrote:
I live in havelock and shoot at B&R has anyone heard of them having 3 gun matches? if so do you have any info? also i would love to come out and shoot with you all if your planning something big. i have lots of fun toys to play with.

WOOHOO!! More guns lol. You're more than welcome to join us, and welcome to the forum! Do me a favor and shoot me a PM with your e-mail (like everyone ELSE is supposed to do) so I can add you to the mailing list for this little shindig we're planning.

Is that how you spell shindig? oh well. Spell check says YES!

clutchnc

imported post

if i can get my ammo in by the weekend (550k .45 550k 10mm) ill come play on sat!!!