Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next lunch?

State Researcher

Post imported post

I would argue for Vancouver, if nothing else for the heck of it, and it would give folks and excuse to stop at Cabellas and Sportsman's Warehouse on the way down.

Post imported post

If there is a meetup in Vancouver I'll be there.

Post imported post

Vancouver's pushing my limit of driving distances... I'm willing to do something like Bellingham, but 90-100 miles is about as far as I'd like to go. From Edmonds to Vancouver, WA (as per google maps) it's 182 miles... twice that distance.

I'm not sure where we'd all like to go next time, which will be February 17 (third Sunday of the month).

Last one was Everett, before that was Olympia... So we've done North Metro and Deep-south Metro. Perhaps Downtown Seattle?...
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Vancouver sounds good to me. We haven't been there before, and unfortunately it's going to be hard to have a location to where every single person can come every time. But if there are other ideas, let's hear them.

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Perhaps Downtown Seattle?...
    Anywhere to eat near PIKE PLACE MARKET???:celebrate

Post imported post

We haven't been west of the Narrows yet, how about Gig Harbor?

Post imported post

Gig Harbor or downtown Seattle (maybe somewhere near Pike Place) would both be fun places. I might actually be albe to make this one!

Post imported post

I would attend anywhere in the Bellevue/Seattle area... We haven't met in the Seattle Metro area since the first ever meetup at the Roundtable Pizza in Redmond. (only 4 of us attended that one... I would like to meet everyone else, unfortunately, with being in law school, I simply don't have the time to spend driving an hour+ each way to meet up for lunch...)

I agree that the Pike Place Market area might be a good spot to meet up. We also had talked about doing Beth's cafe before...

Post imported post

Vancouver would be great. I can't promise since I've got a lot of different things going on these days, but if it was at all possible I would be there. Especially if it was on a Sat.

Especially in light of nathan's recent OC experiences hereat WalMart and WinCo...I think it would be good...

State Researcher

Post imported post

There are gobs of places to eat at and near Pike Place Market. I know a couple of good fish places. I would still say Vancouver is good, but as pointed out it is about time for Seattle.

Post imported post

Maybe we could have a SW Washington lunch and a Seattle lunch because I don't think I'll be able to make it up to Seattle but would still like to get together with some other local OC'ers..

Post imported post

I will go anywhere in Washington. May I suggest Seattle as there are a great many restaurants to eat that serve a large meeting.

This could be a big one!

Post imported post

Wow, if it is in downtown Seattle like around Pike's Place, that would significantly up the chances of me being able to make it. Although, what day of the week are these being held?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

nathan wrote:
    Maybe we could have a SW Washington lunch and a Seattle lunch because I don't think I'll be able to make it up to Seattle but would still like to get together with some other local OC'ers..
    +1

Post imported post

In Gig Harbor, there's a good Mexican place, and in Gig Harbor North, there's a good Chinese Place.

Post imported post

Does someone want to call this for Gig Harbor or Seattle? It's getting down to the wire...

Post imported post

Amazingly enough, the 17th coencides with my next planned trip to the sound so i should be able to attent the northern meet too.

Has there been a decision made yet?

Post imported post

I just had a moment and was thinking the lunch was this Sunday, probably because of the Vancouver meet some people have planned. I guess we have time for a bit more discussion, if there is still some to be had.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm off on Sundays now again. Personally I prefer Seattle, but I have no objections to lunches happening in both Vancouver and Seattle simultanously, or Vancouver Saturday and Seattle Sunday, to give the Oregonians a chance to attend one, plus a CPL isn't required to open carry on foot (due be mindful of loaded pistol of car, though).

Post imported post

If the lunch is this Sunday, the wife and I won't be able to make it guys. Going with friends to celebrate as my b-day is the 12th. I'll be open carrying though!

We'll have to catch you next time around. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Post imported post

Okay, this Sunday, the 17th is the third Sunday of the month, so I'm going to call it:

Lowell's Restaurant & Bar
    1519 Pike Place
    Seattle, WA 98101

@ 2pm on Sunday February 17th, 2008.

I checked the menu and the prices run around $8-13 for lunchs and up to mid-high teens for the "pricier type things", but nothing over $17.

I actually took the time to look online at all the restaurants in and around the Market and was able to weed it down to this one from the reviews. There were other places that had promise, but they're either closed on Sundays or had terrible reviews.

Me, I'll probably get a Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread Bowl for $8.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'll most likely be up in Shelton this weekend, so I SHOULD be able to make this one.

I was wondering though if there was someone in the Olympia/Tacoma area I could meet up/carpool with? I can make the drive all the way to Seattel if needs be, but I'm not terribly familiar with/comfortable driving in that town.

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    I'll most likely be up in Shelton this weekend, so I SHOULD be able to make this one.

I was wondering though if there was someone in the Olympia/Tacoma area I could meet up/carpool with? I can make the drive all the way to Seattel if needs be, but I'm not terribly familiar with/comfortable driving in that town.
    Nobody visits Shelton unless it is for shrimp season or Oyster Fest.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Phssthpok wrote:

Nobody visits Shelton unless it is for shrimp season or Oyster Fest.
    Lets work on a Mason County dinner then! I'd probably have to hit you up for a ride both ways though
    I think I know a couple of local folks I could drag over there. Poor Mason County, few people live there and there have been no major OC issues... Why go there and make of point of OC is legal:P

I say we plan a Mason County meet!

Post imported post

And go where?! There is nowhere in Mason county! hahaha. Naw, I'm just joshin' ya. I love Belfair area. As far as this dinner goes I actually have this Sunday off so I most likely will join you guys! Holy crap, this is gonna be so exciting. haha. :celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast