• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next lunch?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I would argue for Vancouver, if nothing else for the heck of it, and it would give folks and excuse to stop at Cabellas and Sportsman's Warehouse on the way down.

just_a_car

imported post

Vancouver's pushing my limit of driving distances... I'm willing to do something like Bellingham, but 90-100 miles is about as far as I'd like to go. From Edmonds to Vancouver, WA (as per google maps) it's 182 miles... twice that distance.

I'm not sure where we'd all like to go next time, which will be February 17 (third Sunday of the month).

Last one was Everett, before that was Olympia... So we've done North Metro and Deep-south Metro. Perhaps Downtown Seattle?...

compmanio365

imported post

Vancouver sounds good to me. We haven't been there before, and unfortunately it's going to be hard to have a location to where every single person can come every time. But if there are other ideas, let's hear them.

carhas0

imported post

Gig Harbor or downtown Seattle (maybe somewhere near Pike Place) would both be fun places. I might actually be albe to make this one!

joshmmm

imported post

I would attend anywhere in the Bellevue/Seattle area... We haven't met in the Seattle Metro area since the first ever meetup at the Roundtable Pizza in Redmond. (only 4 of us attended that one... I would like to meet everyone else, unfortunately, with being in law school, I simply don't have the time to spend driving an hour+ each way to meet up for lunch...)

I agree that the Pike Place Market area might be a good spot to meet up. We also had talked about doing Beth's cafe before...

dt

imported post

Vancouver would be great. I can't promise since I've got a lot of different things going on these days, but if it was at all possible I would be there. Especially if it was on a Sat.

Especially in light of nathan's recent OC experiences hereat WalMart and WinCo...I think it would be good...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

There are gobs of places to eat at and near Pike Place Market. I know a couple of good fish places. I would still say Vancouver is good, but as pointed out it is about time for Seattle.

nathan

imported post

Maybe we could have a SW Washington lunch and a Seattle lunch because I don't think I'll be able to make it up to Seattle but would still like to get together with some other local OC'ers..

eBratt

imported post

Wow, if it is in downtown Seattle like around Pike's Place, that would significantly up the chances of me being able to make it. Although, what day of the week are these being held?

Jered

imported post

In Gig Harbor, there's a good Mexican place, and in Gig Harbor North, there's a good Chinese Place.

carhas0

imported post

Does someone want to call this for Gig Harbor or Seattle? It's getting down to the wire...

Phssthpok

imported post

Amazingly enough, the 17th coencides with my next planned trip to the sound so i should be able to attent the northern meet too.

Has there been a decision made yet?

carhas0

imported post

I just had a moment and was thinking the lunch was this Sunday, probably because of the Vancouver meet some people have planned. I guess we have time for a bit more discussion, if there is still some to be had.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'm off on Sundays now again. Personally I prefer Seattle, but I have no objections to lunches happening in both Vancouver and Seattle simultanously, or Vancouver Saturday and Seattle Sunday, to give the Oregonians a chance to attend one, plus a CPL isn't required to open carry on foot (due be mindful of loaded pistol of car, though).

compmanio365

imported post

If the lunch is this Sunday, the wife and I won't be able to make it guys. Going with friends to celebrate as my b-day is the 12th. I'll be open carrying though! :lol:

We'll have to catch you next time around. Have fun and let us know how it goes!