• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next lunch?

just_a_car

imported post

Okay, this Sunday, the 17th is the third Sunday of the month, so I'm going to call it:

Lowell's Restaurant & Bar
1519 Pike Place
Seattle, WA 98101

@ 2pm on Sunday February 17th, 2008.

I checked the menu and the prices run around $8-13 for lunchs and up to mid-high teens for the "pricier type things", but nothing over $17.

I actually took the time to look online at all the restaurants in and around the Market and was able to weed it down to this one from the reviews. There were other places that had promise, but they're either closed on Sundays or had terrible reviews.

Me, I'll probably get a Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread Bowl for $8.

Phssthpok

imported post

I'll most likely be up in Shelton this weekend, so I SHOULD be able to make this one.

I was wondering though if there was someone in the Olympia/Tacoma area I could meet up/carpool with? I can make the drive all the way to Seattel if needs be, but I'm not terribly familiar with/comfortable driving in that town.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
I'll most likely be up in Shelton this weekend, so I SHOULD be able to make this one.

I was wondering though if there was someone in the Olympia/Tacoma area I could meet up/carpool with? I can make the drive all the way to Seattel if needs be, but I'm not terribly familiar with/comfortable driving in that town.
Nobody visits Shelton unless it is for shrimp season or Oyster Fest.
missingteeth.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:

Nobody visits Shelton unless it is for shrimp season or Oyster Fest.
missingteeth.gif
Lets work on a Mason County dinner then! I'd probably have to hit you up for a ride both ways though:(
I think I know a couple of local folks I could drag over there. Poor Mason County, few people live there and there have been no major OC issues... Why go there and make of point of OC is legal:p

I say we plan a Mason County meet!

G27

imported post

And go where?! There is nowhere in Mason county! hahaha. Naw, I'm just joshin' ya. I love Belfair area. As far as this dinner goes I actually have this Sunday off so I most likely will join you guys! Holy crap, this is gonna be so exciting. haha. :celebrate

just_a_car

imported post

It'll be good to see you to a meet, G27!

I figured we were getting so close without it being called that I figured I'd just call it so that people could start making plans around their weekend. It's much easier that way and we get more people able to make it with more advanced notice.

Trigger Dr

imported post

G27 was in the store today, and we had a short but good visit. Mason County sounds good, and there are a couple places that serve good food in Shelton. If it is in Mason County, I will be there.

Jim

fatalhubris

imported post

Ok I am in, Ill have to check on a couple of things first. But ill be there a little after three if nothing interferes.

Phssthpok

imported post

Sadly my plans to go norththis weekend fell through. My friend found out at teh last minute that he need to leave town for a week.:cry:

Stealth Potato

imported post

So, the weekend is looming. Do we have any definitive plans yet?

Looks like we might have a couple of different meetups running here; I can make it to the Seattle lunch, if we can just decide on a location. :)

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Folks, the Seattle location, time and date has already been called by just_a_car.

just_a_car wrote:
Okay, this Sunday, the 17th is the third Sunday of the month, so I'm going to call it:

Lowell's Restaurant & Bar
1519 Pike Place
Seattle, WA 98101

@ 2pm on Sunday February 17th, 2008.

I checked the menu and the prices run around $8-13 for lunchs and up to mid-high teens for the "pricier type things", but nothing over $17.

I actually took the time to look online at all the restaurants in and around the Market and was able to weed it down to this one from the reviews. There were other places that had promise, but they're either closed on Sundays or had terrible reviews.

Me, I'll probably get a Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread Bowl for $8.

Stealth Potato

imported post

Excellent!

just_a_car, do you know offhand if XD45PlusP is coming, and if so will he be kind enough to give us a ride? XD45, I guess you could also answer if you read this. :)

just_a_car

imported post

Stealth Potato wrote:
Excellent!

just_a_car, do you know offhand if XD45PlusP is coming, and if so will he be kind enough to give us a ride? XD45, I guess you could also answer if you read this. :)
I'm not sure if he'll be making it or not... he called me and left a message, but I have a brain like a goldfish and don't recall if he said he'd be attending.

If you don't hear from him, give me a call around noon on Sunday and I can give you a ride to and from, since I'm coming from Edmonds and you're in the U. Dist.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Lowells is packed to the gills and can't accomadate. Meeting location changed to Ivars on the waterfront. Address is 1001 Alaskan Way. Anyone knows anyone going to Lowells, redirect them there.