Thread: Ammo ID Bill SB3395 HB3245

Post imported post

Reggie Tate and L. Miller are sponsoring a bill to make ammo id law for TN. Write your rep and senator and demand that this be shut down!

http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/bills/currentga/BILL/SB3395.pdf

The price of ammo is already high enough. This will make it much worse for law abiding citizens to purchase ammo.

Post imported post

blk wrote:
    The price of ammo is already high enough. This will make it much worse for law abiding citizens to purchase ammo.
    that's the least of the problems that would be brought about should that bill pass.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ammunition Accountability Act

http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/b...ILL/SB3395.pdf

Your link isn't working , try this one.

This bill is garbage , it has a section in it requiring you todispose of all of your old ammo by January 1 2011.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Just called my Senator's office in Nashville (LOWE FINNEY) and left a message with a young lady who said she could pass my message on to the Senator. I looked up both the Senator who proposed the bill and House Rep. who has proposed their version. Both are from Memphis, a very liberal city with a high black on black crime problem. It makes me sick to see these elitists try and solve a very local problem at the State level. I have every confidence that this bill will be killed but thanks for the heads up.

Post imported post

Boy this is terrible.

They would jack the price of ammo super high.

You would be a criminal to own old ammo.

Sounds like California commie crap

Post imported post

Looks like the bad guys will be buying their ammo out of state. Just like the states that have ridicules gun laws they go out of state to buy weapons. I guess if you can pass a law you are doing something about law and order. Would be nice if it really worked.

Post imported post

RickTN wrote:
    This bill is garbage , it has a section in it requiring you todispose of all of your old ammo by January 1 2011.
    Gee, so much for ammo collectors, eh? I've got thousands of rounds of perfectly usable ammo dating to the 1930s. I'm not a collector, so I'll (eventually) shoot most of it. I might keep some intact in original boxes just for collectibility's sake.

In a state like TN, this has to have a zero percent chance of passing, no matter how much they modify it. Sounds like they're proposing it just to earn creds with the anti-gunners.