• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 more for good guys

dkd

imported post

Teen Says He Didn't Hesitate To Shoot Armed Robbers
FOUNTAIN, Colo. -- A Fountain teenager who woke up to the sounds of robbers in his home said that he didn't hesitate to shoot the men before they took off with his flat screen television.Fountain police spokesman Sgt. Jess Freeman said the suspects are currently hospitalized for treatment of gunshot wounds.Their names have not been released. asleep at about 11 p.m. Sunday when he heard unfamiliar voices in the living room.He told authorities he overheard someone tell a child in the house that they were a police officer, so Buckler crept down the hall and saw two men who were wearing masks, hats and gloves.Buckler then went back to his bedroom, grabbed a 12-gauge shotgun and shot one of the men as the man carried out Buckler's flat-screen TV. He then shot the second man as the man came up the stairs toward him.Both men escaped but were apprehended at a nearby hospital by police. They both had semiautomatic handguns, according to police.Buckler's girlfriend, her young daughter and two other children live in the home.Police said they don't plan to file charges against Buckler at this point because the shooting appears to be covered by Colorado's "Make My Day" law, which allows a homeowner to use deadly force if they believe lives are in danger.

Homeowner Shoots and Kills Burglar

A burglar, caught redhanded breaking into man's garage, was shot and killed Thursday, January 24, 2008.

The incident happened around 2:00 a.m. in the 800 block of Avalon, near Henry Street. Police say the homeowner heard a noise in his garage, and when he confronted the intruder, the man tried to attack. Police say the burglar went after the homeowner with a weedwacker, and the homeowner shot him.

Neighbors in the area say they have no sympathy for the burglar.

"You don't go around stealing and robbing from people that have worked hard for their belongings. You just don't do it," said Marilynn Bridgeforth, a neighbor of the homeowner.

Bridgeforth says she is not surprised to hear about the intrusion. She says she was robbed in her driveway in December.

"I was held at gunpoint in my driveway and my house has been broken into twice."

Police say at this point, the homeowner is not facing any charges because it appears he shot the burglar in self defense. Eyewitness News Everywhere tried to talk to the homeowner, but he did not want to talk about the incident.

Eyewitness News Everywhere crimetracked the area around the 800 block of Avalon and found there have been 18 home burglaries reported to police in the past month. There have also been 55 assaults, 24 car burglaries, and 12 robberies in that 38107 zip code.

This wasn't the only intruder to be shot overnight. Police say around midnight Thursday, a man ran his car into a feed store on Pebbles Road in Southwest Memphis. Police say when the man tried to enter the store, an employee shot him.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Most likely "Make My Day" is anti-slang much like "shoot first" was used to describe the "Stand your ground" legislation.

This is an uneducated guess however.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I bet if thestatestarted issuing 'burglar tags' home invsions would go down. Especially when you factor in all the free adverstising the newspapers will give it.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Nope, it's actually the "Make My Day" law... pretty much the same as Castle Doctrine, but with a Waaaay cooler name...Good for that kid, it was a clean shoot on both counts.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

dkd wrote:
Teen Says He Didn't Hesitate To Shoot Armed Robbers
FOUNTAIN, Colo. -- A Fountain teenager who woke up to the sounds of robbers in his home said that he didn't hesitate to shoot the men before they took off with his flat screen television.Fountain police spokesman Sgt. Jess Freeman said the suspects are currently hospitalized for treatment of gunshot wounds.Their names have not been released. asleep at about 11 p.m. Sunday when he heard unfamiliar voices in the living room.He told authorities he overheard someone tell a child in the house that they were a police officer, so Buckler crept down the hall and saw two men who were wearing masks, hats and gloves.Buckler then went back to his bedroom, grabbed a 12-gauge shotgun and shot one of the men as the man carried out Buckler's flat-screen TV. He then shot the second man as the man came up the stairs toward him.Both men escaped but were apprehended at a nearby hospital by police. They both had semiautomatic handguns, according to police.Buckler's girlfriend, her young daughter and two other children live in the home.Police said they don't plan to file charges against Buckler at this point because the shooting appears to be covered by Colorado's "Make My Day" law, which allows a homeowner to use deadly force if they believe lives are in danger.

Homeowner Shoots and Kills Burglar

A burglar, caught redhanded breaking into man's garage, was shot and killed Thursday, January 24, 2008.

The incident happened around 2:00 a.m. in the 800 block of Avalon, near Henry Street. Police say the homeowner heard a noise in his garage, and when he confronted the intruder, the man tried to attack. Police say the burglar went after the homeowner with a weedwacker, and the homeowner shot him.

Neighbors in the area say they have no sympathy for the burglar.

"You don't go around stealing and robbing from people that have worked hard for their belongings. You just don't do it," said Marilynn Bridgeforth, a neighbor of the homeowner.

Bridgeforth says she is not surprised to hear about the intrusion. She says she was robbed in her driveway in December.

"I was held at gunpoint in my driveway and my house has been broken into twice."

Police say at this point, the homeowner is not facing any charges because it appears he shot the burglar in self defense. Eyewitness News Everywhere tried to talk to the homeowner, but he did not want to talk about the incident.

Eyewitness News Everywhere crimetracked the area around the 800 block of Avalon and found there have been 18 home burglaries reported to police in the past month. There have also been 55 assaults, 24 car burglaries, and 12 robberies in that 38107 zip code.

This wasn't the only intruder to be shot overnight. Police say around midnight Thursday, a man ran his car into a feed store on Pebbles Road in Southwest Memphis. Police say when the man tried to enter the store, an employee shot him.
Link????????

DKB

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

By 5 a.m., Kennedy and Elugardo had checked into Memorial Hospital, which notified Fountain police, Freeman said.

So both the BGs go to the same hospital with shotgun wounds to the shoulder.

DAH :banghead: Or should I say :celebrate

Decoligny

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Most likely "Make My Day" is anti-slang much like "shoot first" was used to describe the "Stand your ground" legislation.

This is an uneducated guess however.
I prefer "Don't run like a pansy" law over "Stand your ground" law. :D