• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Selection

ChefW

imported post

Hey quick question, what kind of holster does everyone use? I'm looking at a CQC paddle with the retention switch, but I'm not sure of the quality. I'm looking for a good holster to OC with but have never bought my own holster and only used the departmentaly issued piece of junk made by galls when I was in the marines. Any suggestions?

MustangDave

imported post

There are a few of use that have the Blackhawk cqc serpa holster, I like it and it's not expensive. I know dave-in-delaware has a review on it.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I like my Blackhawk CQC becasue of the retention level it provides. The holster only lets go of your gun IF the lever is pressed the right way. I've yanked and tugged on the grip and pulled w/ all my might, and short of ripping my belt in half, the gun stays holstered.

Review: http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_delaware/Review-BH-CQC-SERPA-holster.htm

We can make arrangements for you to meet me sometime and check the holster out first-hand. I usually have it w/ me. Email or PM me if interested.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Four out of five of us were wearing them at our last get together, if I recall correctly. :) I use the SERPA as well and love it, though it does dig my love handles when I'm in the car.