Thread: Wait period to apply for carry permit?

Post imported post

So a few weeks ago I go into the local PD to start the app process for a carry permit. I was told they can only do it on Tuesday through Friday, nuts it was a Monday. Whoever aids in the process has to have a day off too, right. I asked what I needed to bring in when I filled out the paperwork and somewhere the gal asked me if I had lived in the town for 6 months? I said no, since I just moved from one town over. She claimed that I had to wait till the 6 months are up. I have read a bunch of the IN state laws and don't see anything. Has anyone else heard of this, or is it a bunch of bull?

Post imported post

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/cod.../ar47/ch2.html

I couldn't find anything that says you have to wait. I think she may be confused. Perhaps there is something in Indiana law that says you have to live in the State for six months? But nothing in the Code that I could find.

Post imported post

Never heard of that one either.

Post imported post

Go in again and ask to see the code that states this.

Due to the fact that you get an IN STATE permit I don't see how long you've lived in a particular area would have anything to do with it.

When I applied I wasn't asked how long I've lived in the area or the state.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Yeah I was thinking about going back in there, but A) I don't have a gun to carry yet, B) I haven't taken a class yet (Only neccessary because of personal preferance) C) I would have to burn a sick day, I might as well tie in some kind of other daytime business.

Post imported post

You should be happy you don't live in Merrillville, you can only go thru the process on tuesday between 2:30 and 4:00 . Good luck there. That was of course several years ago, I'm sure that by now the hours have tightened...hahaspan.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Post imported post

I DID have to tell them how long I have resided in the STATE, not the town or county. But I've been here 21 years of 22 so I was in like Flynn.