• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wait period to apply for carry permit?

squarepeg

imported post

So a few weeks ago I go into the local PD to start the app process for a carry permit. I was told they can only do it on Tuesday through Friday, nuts it was a Monday. Whoever aids in the process has to have a day off too, right. I asked what I needed to bring in when I filled out the paperwork and somewhere the gal asked me if I had lived in the town for 6 months? I said no, since I just moved from one town over. She claimed that I had to wait till the 6 months are up. I have read a bunch of the IN state laws and don't see anything. Has anyone else heard of this, or is it a bunch of bull?

Beau

imported post

Go in again and ask to see the code that states this.

Due to the fact that you get an IN STATE permit I don't see how long you've lived in a particular area would have anything to do with it.

When I applied I wasn't asked how long I've lived in the area or the state.

squarepeg

imported post

Yeah I was thinking about going back in there, but A) I don't have a gun to carry yet, B) I haven't taken a class yet (Only neccessary because of personal preferance) C) I would have to burn a sick day, I might as well tie in some kind of other daytime business.

bongo968

imported post

You should be happy you don't live in Merrillville, you can only go thru the process on tuesday between 2:30 and 4:00 . Good luck there. That was of course several years ago, I'm sure that by now the hours have tightened...hahaspan.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

nwi40cal

imported post

I DID have to tell them how long I have resided in the STATE, not the town or county. But I've been here 21 years of 22 so I was in like Flynn.