• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Offshoot topic...SW Wa luncheon

Phssthpok

imported post

Since there seems to be more people down here now....perhaps we should organize a P-town/'Couve co-luncheon. I know there's been a comment dropped over on the Oregon board about mimicing our activities.

Shall we shoot for 2 weeks? Say.. the weekend of the 9th?

I'm thinking that a location on OUR side of the river would be more conducinve to an OC lunch, since the Oregonians WON'T need a CPL to OC, whereas we WOULD if we were to meet eithin P-town city limits (the most logical location for Or.)

Who's game?:celebrate

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks Bear. The other half of the equation is if I have time off from work. Late afternoons or evenings are about the only things that really work for me on weekends.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Thanks Bear. The other half of the equation is if I have time off from work. Late afternoons or evenings are about the only things that really work for me on weekends.
Hey, watch those 4 letter words like WORK. They are offensive to some of us.
roflmao1.gif

Phssthpok

imported post

No location set as of yet. I suppose it would be a good Idea to solicit ideas. I'm thinking having it close to I-5 would be good for most folks. There's plenty of places in Hazel Dell that would be suitable.

For the Orgeon folks, bear in mind that unlike Or, in Wa we are restricted from 'over 21' areas of bars and restaurants. For example, someplace like Applebee's or The Olive Garden would be safe....as long as we stay out of 'the pit' (the bar area).

Phssthpok

imported post

OK, since no one else is speaking up, I'm going to make the call.

3PM sat Feb. 9 at the Applebee's in Hazel Dell. (816 NE 98th Circle
Vancouver, WA 98665). It's right off of I-5.

Interest seems a little light though, so I'd like to get some confirmation of attendees. If we can't manage at least three people (myself and two others), then I'm thinking it would be best to reschedual.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As it turns out, I will be in Vancouver saturday morning for another meeting, so I though I would stay for the Open Carry group.

Then it hit me.... Saturday is Caucus Day! There is no way I can stay for the OC meeting and still make it home in time to attend my caucus. :cry:

Phssthpok

imported post

What's your shedual like on Saturday morning. I know a nice littel corner cafe where I could meet you for breakfast if you like. Pretty good sized portions for a fair price, and I've OC'd there before without incident.

Phssthpok

imported post

So.......can we get one last confirmation of who all is going to attend?

Sounds like ScorpioMK had to back out. Is everyone else still able to attend?