• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL - Officer shot trying to stop shoplifter.

LEO 229

imported post

Maybe the guy had an 18 round mag and was making a point.

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
AND (notice the 'and') what a horrible article by an incompetent reporterette.

Out-running a cop while keeping his hands in his front pocket? Bushwa! If that were true the the cop needs to be discharged.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
Yeah, I'm sure you would have been right on his backside when he's armed huh toughguy? How many perps have you run after? Just more cop bashing BS from the same people. You wannabe cops sure do love your cop bashing.

bohdi

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Out-running a cop while keeping his hands in his front pocket? Bushwa! If that were true the the cop needs to be discharged.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
Yeah, I'm sure you would have been right on his backside when he's armed huh toughguy? How many perps have you run after? Just more cop bashing BS from the same people. You wannabe cops sure do love your cop bashing.
mmmmmm

LEO 229

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Snipped.......
Nitro.... play nice. :D

When will you learn that Doug cannot be reasoned with and does not speak for the entire OC group.

It is noble for you to want to discuss issues with him but your are talking to a brick wall. No matter what you say YOU WILL BE WRONG!! :lol:

There are far more intelligent people here you can have a meaningful discussion with. When you identify those that lack common sense...please overlook what they post. ;)

Tomahawk

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

You might have good reason to be upset with Doug, but do you really think he's a "wannabe cop"?

Sa45auto

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Several things;

First; He was probably shot with a .45 GAP not a .45 ACP. (That makes a difference to me.)

Second; It may be that he was wearing a vest, and the only real damage was to his face.

"Reston underwent surgery at Shands Jacksonville Saturday night for a broken jaw. He remains in serious condition."

Third; The vest idea might explain why he could not overtae the perp who had his hand in his shirt. Wearing a vest would slow him down a little, and it would also explain how, after being shot and falling down, he could get back up again.

What ever the reason, he is a lucky man and I hope for a full recovery.

deepdiver wrote:
Officer thanks vest maker
Searching for updates is quick and easy. :)

Well I got one thing right yesterday anyway. Glad to see the officer up and talking.

LEO 229

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
You might have good reason to be upset with Doug, but do you really think he's a "wannabe cop"?
I do not think he wants to be a cop..... ;)