• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KVI is Anti-Gun?

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

According to the WAC, Fisher Communications is now refusing to accept all advertising that is anyway related to firearms or shooting.

WAC has been a long time advertiser on KVI, in fact Kirby Wilber even did a stint as a WAC Board Member.

From the Gun News:
The first casualty of this administration was the abrupt and unceremonius dismissal of popular drive time personality Bryan Suits (A WAC Member himself). Shortly after that, without even so much as a heads up, our ads quit running.

Jered

imported post

IIRC, their dismassal of Bryan Suits came fairly close after he did a show about the ineffectiveness of 'gun free zones.'

And he was my favorite host of theirs too.

eBratt

imported post

That's pretty interesting...when did that all start taking place?

Kirby had me on his show as a local rep for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus during our Open Holster Protest last fall. The entire cast of the show was very supportive of our efforts and cause.

Ethan

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I used to work up at Champion Arms in Kent, and we had a couple times when Brian Suits and Kirby Wilbur came up to do a promo at the store. If you could out-shoot Brian, you would "win" a shot at a certain give-away at the end of the day. It was fun. Of course, we had advertising of the event being played on KVI for a week or two preceeding the event and they did live call-ins during.

I've also heard (not for a while, though) ads for The Marksman, on Canyon Road in Puyallup, every so often. Now they won't even take advertising money from us gun-totin' vigalantes!!!

3/325

imported post

Listen to KVI, make a note of which companies are advertising through them.

Post the list here.

Start writing letters to the sponsors, inform them that you will no longer support them with your money while they continue to advertise with KVI.

Send copies to KVI.

kparker

imported post

The reason for the surprise is that KVI is not a liberal, left-wing station (though the same may not be true of the parent company.)

Jered

imported post

I pretty much lost interest when they fired Bryan. He was my favorite on-air personality from there.

770 and 1300 are good though.

heresolong

imported post

Anyone asked Kirby what is going on? I know for a fact he supports gun rights and gun owners. Seems like he might have some insight.

Jered

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Jered wrote:
I pretty much lost interest when they fired Bryan. He was my favorite on-air personality from there.
+1.
I guess we were his two fans.

:p

I've been really disappointed with KVI as of late. I can't believe that they put Dr. Laura on the 9-12 slot, and moved the commentator's to Bryan's slot.

I did a bit of digging and found his podcasts, though.

http://kfiam640.com/podcast/BryanSuits.xml

kparker

imported post

Why did they fire Bryan?

Well, have you ever heard a media company give a real explanation for why they let "talent" go? Me neither.

Oh, I take that back--I think when KVI sent Mike Siegel packing, it was so clearly in response to something Mike had said on his program, they couldn't credibly get away with the usual "it's a programming decision". But that's once in 20 years...

just_a_car

imported post

Also, he got face-time on Fox News at least once (I think twice). To can him was one of the dumbest things they could have done. Plus, he's a literal war-hero.

Jered

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
I have no way of knowing if this is the reason, but Suits was fired just days after doing a very pro-gun show. Perhaps he ruffled some feathers upstairs.
:p

I think I said that in the first post in the thread.

Great minds think alike.