• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stony Pointe Mall

Spectre

imported post

I wasthinking about going to Stony Pointe Fashion Park to do some shopping. Anyone know if its a go/no go on guns there. I havent seen a sign posted therebefore, and I haven't seen it mentioned here on the forum.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I open carried at Stony Point, once. I sat at the bar at PF Chang'sfor a latelunch (no drinks!). The very nice bartender noticed, and we briefly chatted about "the gun". That was it - a great meal, then I went back to work.

Nonetheless, my experience is not necesarily typical - especially since I was in a tie and it was 2pm (not crowded at all) on a weekday - and I had a sympathetic bartender. Your experience may vary.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
It's posted. :(

stay safe.

skidmark
If it's posted, I haven't seen it and I have looked. Now I'm going to have to check again; However, I have OCd there (in the mall) many times including specifically at Dick's Sporting Goods and P. F. Changs.

I have checked P. F. Changs entrance doors and windows and there are no signs there.

Yata hey

Neplusultra

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
If it's posted, I haven't seen it and I have looked. Now I'm going to have to check again; However, I have OCd there (in the mall) many times including specifically at Dick's Sporting Goods and P. F. Changs.

I have checked P. F. Changs entrance doors and windows and there are no signs there.

Yata hey

Like I like to say; If there isn't a big sticker on the door right where I grab the handle to open it then I don't pay any mind. If they're that serious about guns then "they" need to put it where I will notice it. I've only been to one establishment, a McDonalds in MI, that had a sign like that. I complied since I was hungry and my 33' trailer was already parked in their lot.

If they put it on a sign in the entry way or on the wall is there any "real" expectation that people are going to read it? Do you actually read all those "user" agreements that come with software, etc? If it's important and out of the norm, they need to bring it to my attention.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Like I like to say; If there isn't a big sticker on the door right where I grab the handle to open it then I don't pay any mind.
And to our advantage, Stony Point doesn't have door on which to post gunbuster signs since it's an open-air mall.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some time back, the Tidewater dinner group decided to try P.F.Chiang's in Va Beach. I made the mistake of calling ahead to find out their policy. The manager said they had signs prohibiting OC "because alcohol and guns don't mix". ( I took chemistry many years back, and don't recall this reaction.):lol: Anyway, as we went to a neighboring restaurant instead, someone checked Chiang's out, and there was no sign on the door at all! (Liars!)

Old saying: "It is easier to ask forgiveness that to ask permission, Grasshopper"

Neplusultra

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Old saying: "It is easier to ask forgiveness that to ask permission, Grasshopper"
Exactly, and as long as you respectfully make a beeline for the door once they ask you to leave I don't see how there could be a problem.

jimwyant

imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

OC'ed there three times in the last six months, and never saw a sign or had a problem - but I wasn't really looking for either one. My wife loves Yankee candles, and the store there is the closest one to where we live that has any significant inventory. While we're there, we usually stop and browse at Dick's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
................... The manager said they had signs prohibiting OC "because alcohol and guns don't mix". ( I took chemistry many years back, and don't recall this reaction.):lol:

Take it from me, guns and alcohol do not mix! Alcohol removes all of the lubrication from the weapon and thereby effects the design function negatively.

If I am ever informed of a no weapons policy at a restaurant, I hope I am done or nearly done eating because I intend to ask that the entire ticket be comped - personal embarrassment and all that. It's the least that I can do. ;)

Yata hey