• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Action item: S.B. 157 "Katrina" bill up for hearing tomorrow (Wednesday) morning

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Sen. Madsen's SB 157,[font="Arial, Helvetica"] Rights of Citizens to Carry Firearms in Declared Emergency (aka "Katrina RKBA") is up for its first committee hearing tomorrow morning. It is second on the agenda for the 8:00 am meeting of the [/font]Senate Judiciary, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice Standing Committee, in room W130 in the West Office Building, directly north of the capital.

This bill will provide additional safeguards to prevent the government from banning the possession of firearms during declared emergencies.][font="Arial, Helvetica"]

Bill info can be found at <http://le.utah.gov/~2008/htmdoc/sbillhtm/sb0157.htm>

GOUtah! is supporting this bill and encourages you to support it as well.

This is not a particularly RKBA friendly committee and so your support is very much needed.

[/font]If you are able, please attend the hearing in support of the bill. I always encourage those attending the legislature to wear "urban cammo" which ideally consists of business casual attire. In any event, please avoid T-shirts (especially those with the stereotypical political statements on them), baseball caps, and other very informal attire.

Please contact the members of the Senate Judiciary, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice Standing Committee]today and ask them to support SB 157. Full contact info for committee members can be found at <http://www.goutahorg.org>. As always, we encourage polite communications with elected officials.

Committee members are:
Sen. Gregory S. Bell, Chair
Sen. Jon J. Greiner
Sen. Lyle W. Hillyard
Sen. Mark B. Madsen
Sen. Scott D. McCoy
Sen. Ross I. Romero
Sen. John L. Valentine