• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local area gun retailers

ChefW

imported post

Just wondering where everyone went to buy their hardware. I am in the market for a glock as some of you know. I'm just trying to figure out where to go to get a good deal. Thanks

Private Pyle

imported post

I have bought several guns from the following:

Millers in Delaware

Millers in PA

Targetmaster in Pa

and Shooters in Delaware

I would say Millers in PA has BEST prices, but Millers in DE has BEST selection and they are VERY knowledgeable!!!!

stephpd

imported post

Private Pyle-- How did you purchase from PA? Thought all guns had to go through a FFL dealer INSTATE. Unless you lived in PA at the time.

Bought both my handguns through Miller's on Rt. 13. Prices were fair, guy has to make some money.

Delfast is another local( 3 blocks away) FFL. Not a 'gun' store. Works out of the gas station on the turn of Gov. Printz Blvd. Buy thru gunbroker or other online store and transfer.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I bought two of my guns at Targetmaster (Chadds Ford, PA). No sales tax if transferred to DE.

I bought one of my guns (now my fiancee's) at X-Ring (Newark, DE),who should have their FFL in a few weeks. This is my favorite local store. I got extra mags andmy SERPA holster there.

I bought two long guns at the Philly Gun Show (Philly, PA).

There's also Miller's (New castle, DE) which is OK.

And Shooter's Supply (New Castle, DE)... crappy little store. Selection bites, unless you're into fishing.

And Miller's in PA (never been there). I hear there are good prices.

And Delfast (online storefront) in Claymont, DE. Decent prices compared to other FFL's online in DE. I've spoken w/ him on the phone. He's a nice guy.

From what I know, you can buy handguns out-of-state, but theymust be transferred into the State by a licensed FFL dealer (who does a background check and charges up to $35). Both my XD's from Targetmaster went this way. It's no big deal.

Private Pyle

imported post

stephpd wrote:
Private Pyle-- How did you purchase from PA? Thought all guns had to go through a FFL dealer INSTATE. Unless you lived in PA at the time.

ANY rifle bought in PA you can walk out same day. Any Handgun bought has to be PAID IN FULL to the shop in pa, then transfered to DE and you have to pay them $35.00 transfer.

Millers in PA is a Mom and POP shop... Very Very Very Nice People.

NOT related to Millers on Rt 13 in any way.