• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can anyone beat Wal-Mart ammo prices??

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I was just wondering if anyone has foundbetter ammo prices than a local Wal-Mart?

It can be either an actual store (walk in), or an online storefront that ships to your door.

bms429

imported post

Not possible!!!!

haha

I dont think you can beat their prices unless you bought directly from a distributor and even then it might be close.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

*sigh* ...

I miss the good ol' days where a 100-pack box of WWB 115gr FMJ 9mm was only $10... :cry:

At least, that's what it was when I first started shooting.

Now for 9mm, it's:

$15.72 (WWB 115gr FMJ)

$8.62 (Win 50-pack FMJ)

$9.24 (Rem 50-pack FMJ)

$14.70 (Win 50-pack 147gr JHP)

and for .45 (quoted price, not sure of bullet weight or type):

$28.98 (WWB 100 pack)

$16.88 (Win 50-pack)

$14.88 (Blazer Brass 50-pack)

tarzan1888

imported post

I have never walked in and found a better price on the ammo that they carry, BUT they don't carry a great variety.

For my .45 I practice with their CCI Blazer Brass, I like Blazer Brass for my .357 but they don't carry it.

I buy it at a local gun store where I get it cheeper than the .357 that Wal-Mart carries.

Tarzan