• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sens. Lautenberg & Reed introduce massive federal assault on gun shows and private sales!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Tried to get in good points - I missed opportunity to say the problem at Tech was victim disarmament zones - it is very easy to focus on the logical and technical aspects ofgun bills - but the anti-gun hobby horse riders are just riding as fast as it will go and the reporters keep bringing story back to Tech shootings.

Somebody try to get video if they play me in case they don't hang the video at http://www.wusa9.com

IanB

imported post

I have it and will post to Youtube later tonight, like 8PM or so.

eyesopened

imported post

It's sad that they keep using the VT tradgedy to springboard this legislation, especially since Cho did not get his weapons from gun show. People are working with their hearts and not their heads...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
It's sad that they keep using the VT tradgedy to springboard this legislation, especially since Cho did not get his weapons from gun show. People are working with their hearts and not their heads...

For myself, I consider these people are not sincere. There is far too much information easily available about the benefits of arms for it to have been missed by thepeople at the top of the gun-control advocacy game who've beendoing this for years. The ones at the top know full well what they are doing. They know Cho didn't get his weapon at a gunshow. They're just using it.

This is the very demagoguery that the Bill of Rights and the two-house federal legislature wasmeant to protect against. We just need totake advantage of the structure to make sure the demagogues areunsuccessful.

cREbralFIX

imported post

eyesopened wrote:

And this is the problem: many people tend to make decisions based upon emotions influenced by some logic, rather than logic influenced by emotions. By the word "some" I mean anywhere from "almost none" to "a good bit."

We argue facts and figures; antis appeal to the emotions. They keep winning over time...they just hammer us in the MSM with appeal after appeal to emotion. At some point, their ideas become emotionally true.

IanB

imported post

638Fitta wrote:
Thats the first time I've ever heard that the Columbine shooters got there guns from a gun show. Can someone fill me in with a link to that one?
638, you do know how Google works, right?

nova

imported post

638Fitta wrote:
Thats the first time I've ever heard that the Columbine shooters got there guns from a gun show. Can someone fill me in with a link to that one?

The news video was incorrect. Harris and Klebold did not get their guns from a gunshow. They had some other guy (who was arrested and charged for the straw purchases) buy the guns at a show and later sold them to the two kids.

Harris and Klebold got their guns illegally, not from a gun dealer, not from a gunshow, and not through a legal private sale.

They broke the law, plain and simple.

XD Owner

imported post

Re: Emotional arguments, fight back with our own emotional arguments! Let's get weepy eyed describing a cold and unfeeling University administration who disarmed students, thereby leading to the tragedy called Virginia Tech! Let's scream, "Larry Hincker, you said the students would be safe by banning guns from campus! All you did was make the killer's job easier! No Guns! No Peace! No Guns for Citizens = Dead Citizens! Shame on Virginia Tech for creating a killing zone!

Maybe someone can create some pithy slogans. Here's one stolenand modified from http://www.a-human-right.com/guncontrol.html

Q: What does Larry Hinker (VT Spokesman) have in common with Rapists and Muggers?

A: Rapists and muggers prefer unarmed victims.

Ture or False: Do Banks protect their money better than we Protect Students?

Let Teachers Conceal Carry!

Gov. Kaine says either you want felons tohave guns or you don't. (Of course we are not in favor of felons owning guns.)

So let's say to Governor Kaine, either you are for or against helpless victims unable to defend themselves. Close the College Campus Gun-Free Zone Loophole!

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, PEOPLE!

As for the Gun Show Loophole, Let's All Face Facts, Felons Are Banned from Owning Guns! So the minute felons buy a gun at a gun show, the buyer can be and should beprosecuted. Ifpeople want to blame the seller, they should also go after sellers of cars, knives, baseball bats who sell to felons.

And my Privacy Rights trump the government's interest in knowing from whom I (a non-felon) buy a gun.

Attachments

• s_dont.jpg
    s_dont.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 413

glocknroll

imported post

nova wrote:
638Fitta wrote:

The news video was incorrect. Harris and Klebold did not get their guns from a gunshow. They had some other guy (who was arrested and charged for the straw purchases) buy the guns at a show and later sold them to the two kids.

Harris and Klebold got their guns illegally, not from a gun dealer, not from a gunshow, and not through a legal private sale.

They broke the law, plain and simple.
I thought it was the girlfriend (18 yrs old) of one of those two who bought the guns legally.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Re: Emotional arguments, fight back with our own emotional arguments! Let's get weepy eyed describing a cold and unfeeling University administration who disarmed students, thereby leading to the tragedy called Virginia Tech! Let's scream, "Larry Hincker, you said the students would be safe by banning guns from campus! All you did was make the killer's job easier! No Guns! No Peace! No Guns for Citizens = Dead Citizens! Shame on Virginia Tech for creating a killing zone!

Maybe someone can create some pithy slogans. Here's one stolenand modified from http://www.a-human-right.com/guncontrol.html

Q: What does Larry Hinker (VT Spokesman) have in common with Rapists and Muggers?

A: Rapists and muggers prefer unarmed victims.

Ture or False: Do Banks protect their money better than we Protect Students?

Let Teachers Conceal Carry!

Gov. Kaine says either you want felons tohave guns or you don't. (Of course we are not in favor of felons owning guns.)

So let's say to Governor Kaine, either you are for or against helpless victims unable to defend themselves. Close the College Campus Gun-Free Zone Loophole!

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, PEOPLE!

As for the Gun Show Loophole, Let's All Face Facts, Felons Are Banned from Owning Guns! So the minute felons buy a gun at a gun show, the buyer can be and should beprosecuted. Ifpeople want to blame the seller, they should also go after sellers of cars, knives, baseball bats who sell to felons.

And my Privacy Rights trump the government's interest in knowing from whom I (a non-felon) buy a gun.
XD Owner has hit on some valuable considerations here.

You CAN NOT fight emotion with logic, nor logic with emotion. If you want your message heard by some significant percentage of the population, you must use both, and not necessarily always together.

swillden

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
I thought it was the girlfriend (18 yrs old) of one of those two who bought the guns legally.
The girlfriend (Robyn Anderson) bought them two shotguns and a rifle at a gun show. Mark Manes sold them the Tec-9. Anderson's purchases were legal, and it was legal for her to give them to Harris and Klebold, unless Harris and Klebold paid her for them (I don't think that's clear). The pistol from Manes was an illegal sale.

glocknroll

imported post

swillden wrote:
glocknroll wrote:
The girlfriend (Robyn Anderson) bought them two shotguns and a rifle at a gun show. Mark Manes sold them the Tec-9. Anderson's purchases were legal, and it was legal for her to give them to Harris and Klebold, unless Harris and Klebold paid her for them (I don't think that's clear). The pistol from Manes was an illegal sale.
Thanks for the clarification.