Thread: Tom Davis not seeking re-election

Post imported post

Just caught the WRC news report on Tom Davis not running for re-election to Congress. They cited his wife's losing bid for VA state senate as well.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hopefully it's due to pressure about his significant and misrepresented contribution to his wife's campaign. That was quite the little slip to try to get his wife reelected in the highly contested run

Tom Davis donations...

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Awww. I'm heartbroken [/sarcasm]

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Awww. I'm heartbroken [/sarcasm]
    I'm tickled pink.

http://tinyurl.com/2ouhr7
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

We're well rid of any damn RINOS. Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    We're well rid of any damn RINOS. Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!
    I agree. However, a GMU (I think it was GMU anyway) political analyst was quoted on the radio yesterday as how he realized NOVA is becoming more democrat.

Lately it seems the Republican party won't back someone in a "moving Democratic" district, and I've never been fond of not having a choice in an election.

The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote. This is my district.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    We're well rid of any damn RINOS.** Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!
    I agree.* However, a GMU (I think it was GMU anyway) political analyst was quoted on the radio yesterday as how he realized NOVA is becoming more democrat.

Lately it seems the Republican party won't back someone in a "moving Democratic" district, and I've never been fond of not having a choice in an election.

The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote.* This is my district.
    file and run, whats the worst that can happen!

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote. This is my district.
    I'm in the same boat. It's my district, but I don't see anyone on the horizon that understands what a basic human right actually is. Leslie Byrne had already said she was running. Gerry Connolly is very anti-gun rights, and will probably run as well.

Party label is immaterial, so long as the candidate has a *clue*.

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

11th Cong. district is more than just Fairfax County, PW is in there too. We should look south for a candidate that could beat Connolly.

Honestly, I don't know how that jerk wins any elected office, but he does. immigration is a definite weakness that could be exploited against Herr Connolly. We'd better start making our voices heard to the party faithful now before they put up some rino, sacrificial lamb.

Post imported post

Let's not get Byrned again!

Banned

Post imported post

My printerwent to school with Tom Davis.Tom has always been a say whatever you need tosay to get elected kind of guy. Even in grade school class president elections he was handing out tutsi rolls for votes.

Then he divorced his loyal wife that supported his political career for years to marry Ann Marie, that says much. They actually deserve each other and I'm glad he is not running. Personally I think he realizes that Mark Warner is going to beat him so he has decided not to run.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Looks like NYC Mayor Mike Bloomers did them both a real favor by coming and supporting the wife in her big defeat at the voting polls.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    file and run, whats the worst that can happen!
    I could get branded a Republican! :celebrate

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    I could get branded a Republican! :celebrate

Yeah, but just think of how safe and secure everyone would be at all your campaign events .

Post imported post

les_aker wrote:
    Yeah, but just think of how safe and secure everyone would be at all your campaign events .
    I chuckle to think of the door-to-door campaigning in Northern Virginia when the candidate OCs!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    les_aker wrote:
    I chuckle to think of the door-to-door campaigning in Northern Virginia when the candidate OCs!
    I bet you would find a few really loyal voters!