• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom Davis not seeking re-election

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We're well rid of any damn RINOS. Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
We're well rid of any damn RINOS. Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!

I agree. However, a GMU (I think it was GMU anyway) political analyst was quoted on the radio yesterday as how he realized NOVA is becoming more democrat.

Lately it seems the Republican party won't back someone in a "moving Democratic" district, and I've never been fond of not having a choice in an election.

The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote. This is my district.

hsmith

imported post

Tess wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:
We're well rid of any damn RINOS.   Let him and his lovely bride move to MD where they'll fit in really well.

LUUUZERS !!!

I agree.  However, a GMU (I think it was GMU anyway) political analyst was quoted on the radio yesterday as how he realized NOVA is becoming more democrat.

Lately it seems the Republican party won't back someone in a "moving Democratic" district, and I've never been fond of not having a choice in an election.

The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote.  This is my district.
file and run, whats the worst that can happen!

les_aker

imported post

Tess wrote:
The Republicans need to find someone worthy of my vote. This is my district.

I'm in the same boat. It's my district, but I don't see anyone on the horizon that understands what a basic human right actually is. Leslie Byrne had already said she was running. Gerry Connolly is very anti-gun rights, and will probably run as well.

Party label is immaterial, so long as the candidate has a *clue*.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

11th Cong. district is more than just Fairfax County, PW is in there too. We should look south for a candidate that could beat Connolly.

Honestly, I don't know how that jerk wins any elected office, but he does. immigration is a definite weakness that could be exploited against Herr Connolly. We'd better start making our voices heard to the party faithful now before they put up some rino, sacrificial lamb.

jack

Banned
imported post

My printerwent to school with Tom Davis.Tom has always been a say whatever you need tosay to get elected kind of guy. Even in grade school class president elections he was handing out tutsi rolls for votes.

Then he divorced his loyal wife that supported his political career for years to marry Ann Marie, that says much. They actually deserve each other and I'm glad he is not running. Personally I think he realizes that Mark Warner is going to beat him so he has decided not to run.

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like NYC Mayor Mike Bloomers did them both a real favor by coming and supporting the wife in her big defeat at the voting polls.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

les_aker wrote:
Yeah, but just think of how safe and secure everyone would be at all your campaign events :cool:.
I chuckle to think of the door-to-door campaigning in Northern Virginia when the candidate OCs!

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
les_aker wrote:
Yeah, but just think of how safe and secure everyone would be at all your campaign events :cool:.
I chuckle to think of the door-to-door campaigning in Northern Virginia when the candidate OCs!
I bet you would find a few really loyal voters!