• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anybody OC'd at Bob Evan's before?

Pauly

imported post

I am driving to Columbus this Sunday to visit siblings and have breakfast. I was going to attempt to muster the courage to carry into the restaurant. Bob Evans doesn't serve alcohol so there is no issue there. I was curious to know if anybody has carried there or knows their policy. I have the number for their corportate office but can't call until tomorrow. (I can't believe they aren't open at midnight):p

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I read the posts from last year about Bob Evans and don't believe anybody has come up with a final verdict on their policy. So before the 'search nazis' come a callin' I tried that already. :p

Pauly

imported post

Holy shit!! Caucasian Falls!! How did you manage that. I would have never guessed you would have gotten away with that one. They are almost as bad as Stow. (read: police state)

cilcannonvryce

imported post

Caucasian Falls!!!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
If you don't see the "ghostbuster" sign - CARRY! - its your right. But, if management politely asks of you not to - then I would respect that also.

IanB

imported post

Granted this was in Virginia...

But about 20 of us met for an open carry breakfast at Bob Evans a few months ago. No problems.

Pauly

imported post

Taken from wiki...

As of the censusGR2[/sup] of 2000, there were 49,374 people, 21,655 households, and 13,317 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,932.9 people per square mile (746.4/km²). There were 22,727 housing units at an average density of 889.7/sqmi (343.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 95.80% White, 1.87% African American, 0.20% Native American, 1.05% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.15% from other races, and 0.91% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.63% of the population. Many locals jokingly call the city "Caucasian Falls" some say due to its mass population of Caucasians, but there was actually a law on the books to prevent blacks from owning property. This law was printed on every deed that was issued in the city, they have to alter the wording in every older deed that is transferred to get rid of the clause that prevents blacks from owning land. It was historically known as a sundown town.

SWhetsel

imported post

Wow.... So the joke holds some ground. So I'm good to own a house here in the falls, but I guess I'll have to tell my one black buddy he's SOL on buying a house near me. ;-) LOL

Pauly

imported post

Yeah, he may be ok to buy but might be outnumbered. I wouldn't move into a city of mostly white people. Whitey scares me. The neighborhood I live in here is predominately black. A lot of my white friends are turned off by this but I like it. My neighbors are working class black folks with families and house payments and car payments just like me. (who woulda' thunk it?) I even have a 'black' Baptist church on my street. On Sundays the locals go to church and then most of them wash their cars. In the summer we have a neighborhood rib cook off and most of the kids ride bikes, dirt bikes and skate boards up and down the street. That is my favorite part of this neighborhood. We are a family neighborhood that looks out for one another. Last summer I had the police called on me for breaking into my own house. My wife and I were in full leathers and helmets and had just returned from a 400+ mile ride in southern Ohio. I realized I left my house keys in the kitchen and had to hoist the Mrs. up and in through the dining room window. My neighbor from across the street was on her cell phone yelling to me that she was on the phone with the police and we had better leave immediately. She started advancing on us and I took off my helmet and she started laughing and told the cops not to come. She said she couldn't believe someone would be stupid enough to break into a house in this neighborhood; especially in broad daylight. She said when she saw someone trying to break in the first thing she said was, "Oh hell no!! I know they ain't trying to break into that house in broad daylight!" I offered her a thank you brew but said, "All I have is white beer." She laughed and said she didn't drink and that I always say the funniest things. I don't think I am funny but who knows. I guess they like me because I am the token 'white guy.' I can live with that!!

JSK333

imported post

Bob Evans is pro-gun from what I've heard...

I've carried concealed many times in them. No signs.

I know it sounds funny, but I can't remember if I've open carried there or not. I think I did with my parents back when I first started OC'ing. If I did, there was no reaction...

unrequited

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Granted this was in Virginia...

But about 20 of us met for an open carry breakfast at Bob Evans a few months ago. No problems.
Yeah, not a single problem. A couple looks from the Church crowd (I think it was on a Sunday) walking in when we were paying to leave at the front counter, but *shrug*.