• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting scenario to say to anti's

bms429

imported post

I was looking for this little scenario for a long time and finally found it when cleaning out my work sent items. I found it on a forum (glocktalk or sigforum maybe even here) and thought it was a good scenario that will maybe help some sheeple to see a little bit of the light.

Here it is:

I offer you a scenario.

You are in a hotel. I am across the hall.

I am armed. You are not. A rampaging fool chasing his personal demons kicks in one of two doors. yours or mine.

He then attempts to hack the occupant to bits, and go next door.

If he gets to me first, he's shot.

If he gets to you first, he hacks you to bits and then kicks in MY door, and gets shot.

You want him to get to MY door or YOUR door first?

No dodging. It's your life. What result do you like best?

I rest my case.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

That's a good scenario.

There are thousands of other scenarios that could be told, too, just like that.

It all boils down to sheeple being anti-gun because they think GUNS kill people and they believe the best thing to do is get them all off the street...UNTIL their life is saved because of a *gasp* civilian gun owner was ready and willing to protect his fellow American.

It's too bad it takes such a serious life-changing event to open some peoples' eyes.

parashoot man

imported post

Funny you should bring up that scenario.

Back in the mid 80's I was in a Richmond motel near the Airport.

I was going to teach an Automotive Lock Class for the Virigina Locksmiths Association the next morning. It was pouring down rain in the wee hours of the morning. As I was waiting for another Instuuctor to show up ( we were sharing the room) a LOUD BANGING at my door at 3:15 A.M. And yelling to accompany the banging, began. As I went to the door to answer I had my "Little Friend" Charter arms BULLDOG in my hand, Lo and Behold, when I opened the door there was "GARGANTUA" looking down the BULLDOGS BARREL. THIS MUST BE THE WRONG ROOM! Couldn't agree morewith that statmement at all.

That morning I found out that people were knocking on doors and robbing patrons.

[align=center]Mom only raised one DUMMY and that's my brother!:celebrate[/align]

parashoot man

imported post

parashoot man wrote:
Funny you should bring up that scenario.

Back in the mid 80's I was in a Richmond motel near the Airport.

I was going to teach an Automotive Lock Class for the Virigina Locksmiths Association the next morning. It was pouring down rain in the wee hours of the morning. As I was waiting for another Instuuctor to show up ( we were sharing the room) a LOUD BANGING at my door at 3:15 A.M. And yelling to accompany the banging, began. As I went to the door to answer I had my "Little Friend" Charter arms BULLDOG in my hand, Lo and Behold, when I opened the door there was "GARGANTUA" looking down the BULLDOGS BARREL. THIS MUST BE THE WRONG ROOM! Couldn't agree morewith that statmement at all.

That morning I found out that people were knocking on doors and robbing patrons.

[align=center]Mom only raised one DUMMY and that's my brother!:celebrate[/align]

tarzan1888

imported post

bms429 wrote:
I was looking for this little scenario for a long time and finally found it when cleaning out my work sent items. I found it on a forum (glocktalk or sigforum maybe even here) and thought it was a good scenario that will maybe help some sheeple to see a little bit of the light.

Here it is:

I offer you a scenario.

You are in a hotel. I am across the hall.

I am armed. You are not. A rampaging fool chasing his personal demons kicks in one of two doors. yours or mine.

He then attempts to hack the occupant to bits, and go next door.

If he gets to me first, he's shot.

If he gets to you first, he hacks you to bits and then kicks in MY door, and gets shot.

You want him to get to MY door or YOUR door first?

No dodging. It's your life. What result do you like best?

I rest my case.

Back in 2000 I was in a motel in Atlanta. (On the west side, not a good area.) I had a friend in the room right next to mine. About 3 in the morning a fight started right out side of our doors. The kind of fight that usually gets the cops called and to which they don't come until the dust clears. Shots were fired.

I waited in my room with my gun in hand, and though I was not at ease, I was ready.

My friend hid behind the bed in his room and prayed, empty handed, wishing he had my gun.

Tarzan