• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Poll Here

Superlite27

imported post

The poll asks if people should be allowed to carry in state owned buildings.

at courierpress.com.

1) No

2) Yes, openly.

3) Yes, concealed

I chose concealed because it would be the least amount ofinfringement.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

at courierpress.com.

1) No

2) Yes, openly.

3) Yes, concealed

What poll? Where?
And why would you expect any answer other than #2 on a board called Open Carry Dot Org?

Superlite27

imported post

Because many people in many states can carry openly. Since carrying concealed would require further restrictions on the right to carry, questions regarding whether or not people should be allowed to carry concealed or openly would be better served by answering "concealed".

For instance: If everyone were allowed to carry there openly, people who carried concealed would FACE A REQUIREMENT to uncover their weapons. Whereas, if concealed carry were allowed. EVERYONE would be able to enter however they wanted to because open carry is already legal.

Sitrep

imported post

The poll I see says for option 3 - that it can be concealed (with permit no doubt), and option 2 - must be OC

As much as I like OC, I think I should be allowed to carry in any legal manner, including CC if I have a permit.

Though, it would be nice to force all those CCers who think you should never OC to OC on occasion, either to win converts or just to screw with their minds. (both reasons are good in my mind)

AbNo

imported post

Should Hoosiers be allowed to carry a gun in state buildings?

Thanks for your vote.No 28% 125 votes
Yes, but it must be visible 7% 34 votes
Yes, and it can remain concealed 64% 286 votes
445 total votes

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Should Hoosiers be allowed to carry a gun in state buildings?

Thanks for your vote.No 28% 125 votes
Yes, but it must be visible 7% 34 votes
Yes, and it can remain concealed 64% 286 votes
445 total votes

Yes, it appears to have been edited since the OP, to "and it can remain concealed."

If one be allowed to carry a gun in a state builting and it can be concealed seems to allow open carry.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

at courierpress.com.

1) No

2) Yes, openly.

3) Yes, concealed

I vote yes, although in Michigan you can carry in a state building. Only the state employees are not allowed to have a firearm (unless authorized by the director of their departments, LEO, CO, etc.)while on duty. So a state employee can't have a weapon while he is working, but can carry in the building while off duty, go figure.