Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Senator Webb finally replying???

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spotsylvania County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    700

    Post imported post

    Anyone else suddenly getting responses from Senator Webb?

    I contacted Senator Webb on at least two occassions via his Senate website. The most contact would have been in December. I never received any replies. On January, 16, I received a generic "thanks for writing" response. Today, I received a more direct response regarding the letter to Interior Department Secretary. Has Senator Webb finally started reading correspondence from his website?
    ---

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    227

    Post imported post

    Me too. I also rec'd. a generic thank you a short time ago. In addition,I just rec'd. a response from Sen. Webb regarding the letter to Interior Secretary. Sounds exactly what you've experienced.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    I received a somewhat generic response after I wrote in April 07 asking him not to jump on the bandwagon and start initiating rash legislation after VT.

    Last week I got a generic "thank you for making your views known" e-mail.

    That's all.

    As I've posted and blogged, I wrote him no fewer than six times on supporting concealed carry in the National Parks. Finally I just asked for his views, since he seemed to be unwilling to acknowledge mine.

    Still nothing.

    I've only written 2-3 others outside of those. I will continue to write, as I feel it my duty, but seems to be MUCH more productive.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Islamabad, Pakistan
    Posts
    621

    Post imported post

    This is what I got long after I emailed about the carry in Federal parks....

    Dear Mr. Kaiheitai17:

    Thank you for contacting my office regarding the bipartisan letter I sent with Senator Mike Crapo] and 45 other Senators to Interior Department Secretary Dirk Kempthorne. I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and concerns with me.

    Because I believe law-abiding citizens should have the right to transport firearms on certain land managed by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service, I joined 46 of my colleagues in asking that both the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service allow citizens to carry firearms in accordance with state law.

    I believe this change in administrative rules is needed in order to bring legal consistency for geographic areas within a particular state. For instance, under current rules a person legally authorized to carry a gun under state law would be in violation of the law if he or she merely drives into another part of the state under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service.

    As you know, the Second Amendment] states in pertinent part that ".the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I believe that this right is important to ensuring individual freedom. Moreover, I take seriously my role as a United States Senator in protecting this constitutional right.

    As the U.S. Senate continues to consider legislation pertaining to Second Amendment rights and administrative rules, please be assured that I will take your views into account on this important issue. I hope that you will continue to express your views with me and my staff in the years ahead.

    I would also invite you to visit my website at <a href="http://www.webb.senate.gov/">http://www.webb.senate.gov</a> for regular updates about my activities and positions on matters that are important to Virginia and our nation.

    Thank you again for contacting my office.

    Sincerely,
    Jim Webb
    United States Senator

    JW:kw


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    Just got the one kaiheitai17posted tonight in my mailbox tonight.


    Makes me sorry I voted for the guy....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    75

    Post imported post

    bohdi wrote:
    Just got the one kaiheitai17posted tonight in my mailbox tonight.
    as did I

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    842

    Post imported post

    I got the same response this morning via email.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    59

    Post imported post

    TEX1N wrote:
    I got the same response this morning via email.
    +1

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    Diesel23 wrote:
    TEX1N wrote:
    I got the same response this morning via email.
    +
    +1 Maybe we are starting to get through to him. Hope so.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    300

    Post imported post

    I've never gotten any thing from Webb, no emails, or snail letters, despite contacting him via phone/emails about certain issues. I get stuff from Goodlatte, Warner, and in the past Allen. I've heard personally from Cline, Hanger, Deeds, and Putney when he was ours.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    I also got an email from Mr. Webb, but it was garbled in transmission and had no text. Weird.

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    I also got an email from Mr. Webb, but it was garbled in transmission and had no text. Weird.
    If it was yesterday, it might have been this:

    Mr. and Mrs. Tess xxxxxxxxxx (I used "Mr & Mrs" as my selection from the drop down,as it didn't offer a "none" for salutation)

    Dear bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Thank you for contacting my office regarding Michael Sullivan, Acting Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and concerns with me.
    In October 2006, according to a White House spokesperson, President Bush appointed Mr. Sullivan acting director so that he would be installed quickly, without being confirmed by the U.S. Senate. In March 2007, President Bush nominated Mr. Sullivan to be the permanent Director of ATF. Mr. Sullivan's nomination was reported out of the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary in November 2007, and is awaiting consideration before the full U.S. Senate. I will continue to review Mr. Sullivan's decisions as Acting Director of ATF, and his testimony given to the Senate Judiciary committee. I will support Mr. Sullivan's nomination only if it is in the best interest of Virginians and our nation as a whole.
    Thank you once again for your correspondence on this matter. Your thoughts are helpful to me and my staff. I hope you continue to share your views with us in the years ahead.
    I would also invite you to visit my website at <a href="http://www.webb.senate.gov/">www.webb.senate.gov</a> for regular updates about my activities and positions on matters that are important to Virginia and our nation.


    OK...says nothing. Doesn't agree to support or oppose. And takes a dig at the administration (not that they don't deserve it, but it has no place in this type of correspondence) and quotes a "spokesman" - like he wasn't willing to quote a source or get to the source, but was willing to believe what he wants.

    I'm becoming LESS impressed by the minute.

    And BTW, he has been mentioned as a possible Running Mate for the female socialist candidate.





    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    300

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    I also got an email from Mr. Webb, but it was garbled in transmission and had no text. Weird.
    If it was yesterday, it might have been this:

    Mr. and Mrs. Tess xxxxxxxxxx (I used "Mr & Mrs" as my selection from the drop down,as it didn't offer a "none" for salutation)

    Dear bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Thank you for contacting my office regarding Michael Sullivan, Acting Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and concerns with me.
    In October 2006, according to a White House spokesperson, President Bush appointed Mr. Sullivan acting director so that he would be installed quickly, without being confirmed by the U.S. Senate. In March 2007, President Bush nominated Mr. Sullivan to be the permanent Director of ATF. Mr. Sullivan's nomination was reported out of the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary in November 2007, and is awaiting consideration before the full U.S. Senate. I will continue to review Mr. Sullivan's decisions as Acting Director of ATF, and his testimony given to the Senate Judiciary committee. I will support Mr. Sullivan's nomination only if it is in the best interest of Virginians and our nation as a whole.
    Thank you once again for your correspondence on this matter. Your thoughts are helpful to me and my staff. I hope you continue to share your views with us in the years ahead.
    I would also invite you to visit my website at <a href="http://www.webb.senate.gov/">http://www.webb.senate.gov</a> for regular updates about my activities and positions on matters that are important to Virginia and our nation.


    OK...says nothing. Doesn't agree to support or oppose. And takes a dig at the administration (not that they don't deserve it, but it has no place in this type of correspondence) and quotes a "spokesman" - like he wasn't willing to quote a source or get to the source, but was willing to believe what he wants.

    I'm becoming LESS impressed by the minute.

    And BTW, he has been mentioned as a possible Running Mate for the female socialist candidate.




    Eeeewwweeee, Hit-lary and Webb....eeewwweeewww

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    packingdressagerider wrote:
    Eeeewwweeee, Hit-lary and Webb....eeewwweeewww
    The Spider Lady and the Web(b) :shock:

    Note disoriented pattern to Web(b) in image.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    300

    Post imported post

    Creepy picture. Gawd I hate spiders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •