• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad OC experience - I need advice

exgabrit

imported post

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time in Kroger.
I carry my Glock 17 everywhere except the bathroom, shower and bed.
I go to my local Kroger all the time mostly wearing a sweater that conceals well except for the holster sticking out a little and the obvious bulge. Your license allows for open carry and concealed anywhere that other people have already posted about, federal buildings, and in the case of a store, if it is signed "no firearms", BUT, even if its signed, you can still go in with your sidearm. BUT, if they ask you to leave, you must do so and / or leave your gun in your vehicle and re-enter the store. The police officer cannot do any thing to you except ask you to leave as he is a pseudo employee. Check with the manager, tell him you are a regular customer and you are licenced to carry.
Also, my advice, if you are licensed to carry, use a holster, not a fanny pack. I have a Blackhawk Serpa so all i need to do i index-finger the release and pull the gun, $30 peice of kit. Thats the point of carrying.

My main reason for carrying a firearm is so i don't have to leave it in my vehicle to get stolen.

Most cops are totally ok with licensed carry owners, you always get a newbie that doesn't understand the law or is just plain dumb. These cops are thank goodness a small minority and we should thank ourselves that the other 99.99% are decent and do an excellent job for us.

Last point, try not to feel like a criminal just because you are excersing your rights to carry. The good state of Georgia has given you the right to carry, always be professional when dealing with the public and LEO's. You seem like a decent chap, so the last point is a given.

kmcdowel

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
1. My main reason for carrying a firearm is so i don't have to leave it in my vehicle to get stolen.

2. The good state of Georgia has given you the right to carry.

1. Say it ain't so:lol: (....I know it isn't)

2. The constitution gave you that right, some states choose to take it away:(.

exgabrit

imported post

ok, #1 is part of the reason, the other main reason is i like covering my bases :)
#2 state of georgia gave me my license, constitution gave the the ultimate right i guess :)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
exgabrit wrote:
1. My main reason for carrying a firearm is so i don't have to leave it in my vehicle to get stolen.

2. The good state of Georgia has given you the right to carry.

1. Say it ain't so:lol: (....I know it isn't)

2. The constitution gave you that right, some states choose to take it away:(.
The Constitution gave us no rights at all and neither did the Bill of Rights. What the Bill of Rights did do was to inform government that there are certain rights, both enumerated and reserved, that it may not infringe upon these rights.. that they are ours as our birth right.

Basically the Bill of Rights is a warning to government to stay away from these rights.

Mjolnir

imported post

Ya might want to make sure you zip up the fanny pack, it was your mistake that caused you the problem.

Fix your mistake and you won't have anything to worry about.

You can't control what the other person said, but ya know what, you sure as hell can control your actions and response.

Remember to zip your fly and no worries.