• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Militias

mancel

imported post

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this thread, but I figured it'd get the most appropriate attention here.

I was wondering if there were any militias one could join in Virginia that weren't affiliated with any government.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mancel wrote:
I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this thread, but I figured it'd get the most appropriate attention here.

I was wondering if there were any militias one could join in Virginia that weren't affiliated with any government.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

stay safe.

skidmark

mancel

imported post

... This is how you people treat new users?!!
Ok, before you go calling me a troll you should wait and see what else I have to say. Way to scare off new users.

I'm so furious right now I want to :cuss: you out. But that's good for nothing, especially over the internet.

I'm no troll. What the hell would a troll be asking about a militia for?! I've been reading these forums for months now, gaining knowlege as I prepare to carry this fall. Then, when I finally post a thread with a sincere question somone like you comes along.

As a 2A supporting American citizen, concerned with the current global state, I'd like to know about militias in the state of Virginia.

Please and thank you. Damn.

cato

Attachments

• Dsc00666.jpg
    Dsc00666.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 617

mancel

imported post

Thanks, cato.
Yeah I Googled it too before coming here and I wasn't having much luck finding anything.
Most of my year is spent down here in VA because of school so I was curious. Is anyone on here in a militia? Or is that something only the reddest of necks do that don't own computers?

Thanks again. I'm a nice guy, really.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I know a guy in the VDF, after talking to him it seamed more like toy solders than any thing beneficial. Oh FYI, you can't carry!!!....doesn't say much for that organization. He was trying to get me to join and when I heard that it was a no go for me. Additionally, they fall under the control of the governor so they are part of the machine.

cato

imported post

Thought you might be a youngster:D. The closest thing you'll find to a neighborhood militia these days is a neighborhood watch organization (exists on street signs only)or just the VaDF. Any other group is going to be ofquestionable usefulness/legality. Rather then search for the Militia of the founders (which exists in law only) get politically active and join the VCDL - good fellowship andit's useful: http://www.vcdl.org/

the VaDF on manuvers!

Attachments

• First_Siege_07%20(70).jpg
    First_Siege_07%20(70).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 608

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Are you able-bodied?

Do you have a weapon?

Yes = Welcome to the Militia !

We don't go camping on maneuvers, or hold regular meetings. No fancy uniforms or secret handshakes. Just man up with the rest of us when it's necessary. You'll know.

VAopencarry

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Are you able-bodied?

Do you have a weapon?

Yes = Welcome to the Militia !

We don't go camping on maneuvers, or hold regular meetings. No fancy uniforms or secret handshakes. Just man up with the rest of us when it's necessary. You'll know.
Good answer

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Our meetings here are irregular?

Beware, there are infiltrators here too. LEOs, 'John Law' and their wannabes/sycophants (butt-buddies, for you children), CQB-trained JBTs and eager petty tyrants from the Nasty Regulators Ass.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KAM$$

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mancel wrote:
Ok, before you go calling me a troll you should wait and see what else I have to say. Way to scare off new users.

I'm so furious right now I want to :cuss: you out. But that's good for nothing, especially over the internet.

I'm no troll. What the hell would a troll be asking about a militia for?! I've been reading these forums for months now, gaining knowlege as I prepare to carry this fall. Then, when I finally post a thread with a sincere question somone like you comes along.

As a 2A supporting American citizen, concerned with the current global state, I'd like to know about militias in the state of Virginia.

Wonderful. You are what, somewhere between 18 & 21 years of age, based on what you say about school and preparing to carry? That said, you probably graduated high school, which in Virginia still requires a very small amount of instruction in the subject they used to call "civics." Get ready for lesson #2 in "civics."

The militia is composed of all able-bodied persons between certain ages - usually 17 and 45 - that the Governor calls up when all other military and paramilitary assets have been pressed into service and the problem still exists. There is no legal militia other than the one the Governor can call up for service.

If you want to belong to a private militia, please contact your local police department's gang intelligence unit and ask them for references to the various organizations that are operating or recruiting in your locality. You may want to bring your toothbrush with you, as you will most likely spend a lot of time as the guest of your local police department after making such inquiries.

Anybody that does not know this information, at least on the very basic level, is beyond mere ignorance. Presuming you are not thicker than a brick and in fact are smarter than a bag of hammers, you must be a troll. If you are not a troll, what I think of you is such that being called a troll would be considered a compliment.

If what you really want to do is run around and play "war" there are milirary re-enactment groups that start from the Middle Ages and end up somewhere around the Vitenam era. They are quite serious about what they do, but manage to have a lot of fun when they do their stuff. Go look them up and watch them before you decide to join, as it will cost you a pretty penny to outfit yourself properly.

Now convice me you are really not a troll.

skidmark

glocknroll

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Our meetings here are irregular?

Beware, there are infiltrators here too. LEOs, 'John Law' and their wannabes/sycophants (butt-buddies, for you children), CQB-trained JBTs and eager petty tyrants from the Nasty Regulators Ass.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KAM$$
Sorry: "JBTs"?

Thundar

imported post

Yes, there are those in Government that do not like militias. Look at what Pennsylvania says:

http://www.pa-aware.org/who-are-terrorists/domestic-6.asp

VCDL embers, does the picture look familiar?

Remember, that to the Redcoats, the irregular forces they faced at Lexington and Concord were traitors andinsurrectionists. Today would patriots be called domestic terrorists?

Government power is limited by the militia. Government works to exceed the power granted by the Constitution by criminalizing the militia and persecuting its members. Militias are not illegal, they are a good thing. Some people commit crimes and try to hide behind the militia. That is a bad thing. Sometimes the government persecutes those that are committed to the militia concept.It is often difficult totell the difference between persecuted law abiding militia members andcriminals. Those militia members that stand their ground against unjust tyrannical government persecution are called patriots.

ChinChin

imported post

skidmark wrote:
mancel wrote:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

stay safe.

skidmark
Skid! Be nice. . .we have a guest.

Mancel: Sorry kid, we can get a bit jumpy here. Understand that as most militias these days are:

A) on numerous governmental watch lists for reasons both valid andnot valid due to public misconception. And

B) Wary ofmost people, especially somebody who comes out of the blue and says theywant to join.

Militias are mostly collective groups of people who are active in their community and not only interested in their local and federal government, but desire to keep that government honest and a servant to the people, not the other way around. Some groups (not all but most) have military experience; revere the RKBA and hold the Constitution dear, which frightens those in government as they are now made to really feel accountable and be honest and sincere in their dealings.

But I digress. . .

I’m sure there are more than a few “Militias” in the Virginia area. Good luck in finding a group which doesn’t have underlying tones of racial supremacy or is rabid and paranoid with government distrust. Thus is the general public perception of what a militia is today and why most honest-to-hoyle militias have gone underground for fear of being associated with this bastardization concept and unfairly targeted by federal law enforcement.

Hence why your question was viewed with immediate suspicion. Nothing personal against you kid.

mancel

imported post

skidmark wrote:
mancel wrote:

Wonderful.  You are what, somewhere between 18 & 21 years of age, based on what you say about school and preparing to carry?  That said, you probably graduated high school, which in Virginia still requires a very small amount of instruction in the subject they used to call "civics."  Get ready for lesson #2 in "civics."

The militia is composed of all able-bodied persons between certain ages - usually 17 and 45 - that the Governor calls up when all other military and paramilitary assets have been pressed into service and the problem still exists.  There is no legal militia other than the one the Governor can call up for service.

If you want to belong to a private militia, please contact your local police department's gang intelligence unit and ask them for references to the various organizations that are operating or recruiting in your locality.  You may want to bring your toothbrush with you, as you will most likely spend a lot of time as the guest of your local police department after making such inquiries.

Anybody that does not know this information, at least on the very basic level, is beyond mere ignorance.  Presuming you are not thicker than a brick and in fact are smarter than a bag of hammers, you must be a troll.  If you are not a troll, what I think of you is such that being called a troll would be considered a compliment.

If what you really want to do is run around and play "war" there are milirary re-enactment groups that start from the Middle Ages and end up somewhere around the Vitenam era.  They are quite serious about what they do, but manage to have a lot of fun when they do their stuff.  Go look them up and watch them before you decide to join, as it will cost you a pretty penny to outfit yourself properly.

Now convice me you are really not a troll.

skidmark

If you'd read my post more carefully, you'd have noticed I wrote, "Most of my year is spent down here in VA because of school so I was curious." Therefore, I'm only considered a resident in VA when 'down here' for school.

No, I don't want to play "war." What I wanted to know is if there was a group of people that got together to train for times of disaster. Personally, The Martial Law Act and the government's use of the mercenary army Blackwater in Iraq and New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina scares the nuggets out of me, among other things. I believe America is "We the People," not "we the corporations" that seem to have a significant influence on our government today. Without the liberty of the people of this nation, America might as well be any other country. As a citizen of the United States, I aim to defend our freedoms and the people that enjoy these freedoms in any way necessary.

Live free or die.

I don't appreciate your insults toward me. I'm not ignorant. To learn, you must ask questions and that's what I'm doing. Were you greeted in these forums on your first post the way you greeted me? I doubt it. You seem to be the only one in this thread that's accusing me of being a "troll." In this situation, you're the closest thing to a troll I can see.