• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB1007--anyone heard of it?

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There was an editorial in the local paper here concerning HB1007. Supposedly this bill would not only close VA's data mine on all of its citizens at the Fusion Intelligence Center from FOIA but also makes it a crime for any of its information to be released. Makes me wonder about exactly what they are hiding.
The editorial mentioned that any one could submit information on any one to the Law and it could be added to the system. I gather that this was one of those BS 'it is for your safety against terrorism' creations.
The bill also makes it a crime for any one to submit incorrect data, however if you can't see what they have on you how can you prove it? hmmmm
While this is not directly gun related it has the nasty capability to become a gun owners worst nightmare.
It is a small news paper and there is no link to the article online. I will scan and post it if people want.
I knew the ferderalies were running these Gestapo programs but not the state.

Has any one else heard of it? It does appear to be a bill that requires a quick death…now.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Especially see
C. This section shall not provide immunity for those disclosing or furnishing false information with malice or willful intent to injure any person.

D. This section does not abrogate or modify in any way common law or statutory privilege or immunity heretofore enjoyed by any person or entity.
Time to adjust the fit of the tinfoil hat. Everything is going to be OK.

stay safe.

skidmark

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The FOIA exemptions are troublesome allows fed agencies to use Virginia as an off shore haven to avoid compliance with federal privacy law.