• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PT-92 (Beretta 92fs clone) Vs. Glock 19

Weak 9mm

imported post

It's also better for negligently pointing at and shooting your wife.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Carolina40 wrote:
Weak 9mm ---- it's comments like that which Anti's use against us.
I'm pretty sure he is referencing a news story posted recently about a man who had a supposed AD while dry firing resulting in killing his wife.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Nah I was just annoyed about my thread where I got accused of being highly irresponsible. It was just the old internet sarcasm.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Nah I was just annoyed about my thread where I got accused of being highly irresponsible. It was just the old internet sarcasm.
watch your f*cking muzzle and you might not get accused of being irresponsable

Weak 9mm

imported post

Go f*ck yourself. :) I was "watching the f*cking muzzle" assh*le. Yes indeed Mr. "I'm so cool cause I can cuss at you from behind a computer." Yes indeed Mr. "I can know before an employee grabs the barrel that the employee is going to do it." Yes indeed.

Sorry for giving the anti's so much ammo to use against us, oh man, they're coming now!!!!

Just to clear up this insanity,

I was refering to an analogy someone made that compared:

An employee grabbing the barrel of the mossberg I was holding, because he saw another employee coming around the rear of his living carcass (Out of the corner of his eye, because he was facing me), and pulling it down and towards himself, an action that caused the barrel to point at the other employee.

to "my wife walking in the door and me shooting her."

I could clearly see the walking employee, and could have avoided him completely, although it would have required a rapid upward motion while sweeping to the left. The other employee, the one facing me, immediately grabbed the barrel though, pulling it down and right (The exact opposite of what should have occurred) and directly INTO the other man's path!

I've alread admitted the areas in which I feel I could have done things to prevent this, but honestly it could happen to anyone in here. You can't control other people, the one thing you can always do though is keep your darn finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, which I did.

I'd say you're taking it a bit far in thinking that this sarcastic remark, indeed negative sarcasm towards myself, will have any effect on us, unless you plan on continuing to quote the statement out of context in some manner, or idiots like RetardedGlock keep claiming that I was the one actively doing the pointing at this man.

I have a G17, I don't think it's any more likely than anything else to shoot somebody negligently. If your finger is on the trigger before you're ready to shoot, that can happen in certain situations. Hence the reason mine wasn't when I was in the store.

Edit: Needed to fix mr. glock's name.

But back on topic: I'd say this person should be happy with either handgun, I know I would be. Just make sure the person showing them to you doesn't grab it and point it at someone while it's in your hand.

Joe Sixpack

imported post

glocks are reliable guns, however i personally do not like the design, grip or trigger.. im not a glocker hater as i will give them credit for being tough guns but i dont like them.

I am a huge fan of the 92 platform.

pt92 all the way.. or optionally you can go with the 917 which is about 1inch shorter slide,barrel,guide rod, and spring..

or if you like .40 there is always the 100/101

go with the stainless they usually only run about 20-30 bucks more then the black finish.

i have a beretta and a taurus 92 and i love them both.. both are reliable.. i've got about 800 rounds in my beretta and 1200 rounds in my taurus.. no problems they fire and fire and then fire some more.

acurate and one of the biggest reasons i love them is (for me at least) they have natural pointability.. point the gun the sights are already lined up which is exactly what you want in a gun especially a defensive gun YMMV.

i keep my pt92 loaded on my desk or in a holster on me during the day and at night its on the night stand.. which actually is my desk as well :p

i am keeping a compatibility list over on taurusarmed between the beretta and taurus.. there are a lot of suttle differences that make the two imcompatible but they still function and feel nearly identicle.

the biggest compatibility problem is the mags.. they will not share beretta mags which is a huge disapointment.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3839.0

the taurus is really a glimps of earlier beretta design.. they both branced off from the original design, taurus of course kept the frame safety.. beretta moved it to the slide.. lot of people think taurus came up with that but the original beretta 92 design had a frame safety.

oh and yes they do have a life time warranty so this should give you some comfort in knowing taurus will (or at least should) fix the gun should anything happen (excludes finish after 1st year and damage from reloads)

Heres a few pics of mine.. forgive the bad lighting and such my studio consists of a desklamp, folded white t-shirt, and a old digital camera.

it is a stock pt92 stainless.. newer design with tact rail.
the only changes i've made is a beretta D hammer spring, taurus factory hammer springs are already lighter then beretta factory springs but the D variant spring is just a little bit lighter still.. i also put some pachmayr full signature wraparounds with finger grooves on it.. the grips are fatter then the standard but give it a great feel if you had enough hand for it.

taurus come factory with 2 17rnd mags.. 15rnd mags are around though and came with older guns.

a member on beretta forum has this exact model gun for sell NIB for 325+15s&h, they might do a FTF in texas for you.. definately a good deal.. i paid 380+tax for mine w-2mags.. they can be found a hair cheaper sometimes.

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?p=328541

scuba1954

imported post

Joe Sixpack wrote:
glocks are reliable guns, however i personally do not like the design, grip or trigger.. im not a glocker hater as i will give them credit for being tough guns but i dont like them.

I am a huge fan of the 92 platform.

pt92 all the way.. or optionally you can go with the 917 which is about 1inch shorter slide,barrel,guide rod, and spring..

or if you like .40 there is always the 100/101

go with the stainless they usually only run about 20-30 bucks more then the black finish.

i have a beretta and a taurus 92 and i love them both.. both are reliable.. i've got about 800 rounds in my beretta and 1200 rounds in my taurus.. no problems they fire and fire and then fire some more.

acurate and one of the biggest reasons i love them is (for me at least) they have natural pointability.. point the gun the sights are already lined up which is exactly what you want in a gun especially a defensive gun YMMV.

i keep my pt92 loaded on my desk or in a holster on me during the day and at night its on the night stand.. which actually is my desk as well :p

i am keeping a compatibility list over on taurusarmed between the beretta and taurus.. there are a lot of suttle differences that make the two imcompatible but they still function and feel nearly identicle.

the biggest compatibility problem is the mags.. they will not share beretta mags which is a huge disapointment.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3839.0

the taurus is really a glimps of earlier beretta design.. they both branced off from the original design, taurus of course kept the frame safety.. beretta moved it to the slide.. lot of people think taurus came up with that but the original beretta 92 design had a frame safety.

oh and yes they do have a life time warranty so this should give you some comfort in knowing taurus will (or at least should) fix the gun should anything happen (excludes finish after 1st year and damage from reloads)

Heres a few pics of mine.. forgive the bad lighting and such my studio consists of a desklamp, folded white t-shirt, and a old digital camera.

it is a stock pt92 stainless.. newer design with tact rail.
the only changes i've made is a beretta D hammer spring, taurus factory hammer springs are already lighter then beretta factory springs but the D variant spring is just a little bit lighter still.. i also put some pachmayr full signature wraparounds with finger grooves on it.. the grips are fatter then the standard but give it a great feel if you had enough hand for it.

taurus come factory with 2 17rnd mags.. 15rnd mags are around though and came with older guns.

a member on beretta forum has this exact model gun for sell NIB for 325+15s&h, they might do a FTF in texas for you.. definately a good deal.. i paid 380+tax for mine w-2mags.. they can be found a hair cheaper sometimes.

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?p=328541

I have the same gun as you do and I ordered the same grips but just sent them back because the screws in my grips were not long enough to thread into the gun. How did you get around this problem. I would like to reorder them if I could solve the screw problem??

thorvaldr

imported post

I have a PT-92AF and I'm very satisfied.

1. Big, steel frame 9MM, you can hardly feel any recoil.
2. Sights were right on, right out of the box and I like the white dot sights.
3. Trigger feels fine IMHO.
4. Fed 100% for me so far.
5. I like that it's just normal, nothing weird, normal DA/SA ambi thumb safety, and all the controls right where you expect.
6. I paid $326 including shipping and FFL fee for a gun that doesn't appear to have been fired at all.
7. Everyone makes a holster for it.

AZkopper

imported post

If you must go witha 9mm, go with the 92F clone over the glock. I used to have a 92F, and I still feel it was the best feeling, best shooting, easiest disassembly gun I've ever owned. If it was a 45, I'd still be carrying it (and this is from a guy who carries either a glock 21 or 30 every day).

MetalChris

imported post

Dustin wrote:
If those two are your ONLY Choices.

Glock FTW
+1

I've fired the M-9 and was not impressed, so I'm sure the Taurus clone couldn't be any better.

squisher

imported post

My primary carry arm is the Taurus PT-92SS (Stainless). I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Shoots nice, 17rnd mag is a +

I've shot a couple of different Glocks (in 9mm and .40, full and compact), and honestly the plastic gun is not for me, too light for me to accurately place shots, although they are as reliable as they come.

I've had Zero issues with the Taurus as well. I'm hoping my next gun purchase is a 1911 of some sort though :)

ImChad

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I've gone through both, both are comfortable, both have been proven in terms of reliability, now the hard part comes.....

I can get a NIB PT-92 with 17 Rd. mags for 400$, or I can get a NIB Glock for about 500$, OR a slightly used, but like new PT-92 for about 350$....

Right now I'm leaning towards a brand new PT-92, who's only real difference from the 92FS is the fact that the safety is on the frame, instead of the slide, and it has rails.....

Thoughts...?

As an idea, here's the difference between a 'real' beretta and the clone PT-92, keep in mind that it is indeed a clone, when Beretta sold shop, Taurus bought out the factory/equipment and started making their own...

92FS_S_maxi.jpg

92B-17.jpg

The frame mounted safety really appeals to me, as does the rail, which knocks the 'real' 92 out of the contest...

So it's either the PT-92, or the Glock..... SOB!
WhAt!?!?!?! Where? I have been shopping for a 92FS for months now and cant' find one under 500 USED. Brand new for 400? Shit, I'd by two for that price and do it with an ear to ear smile. Where is this fantastic deal?

squisher

imported post

Looks like not only is the safety mounted differently, but they operate in opposite directions. The Taurus is UP for safe, 1 click down for fire, and pull it past "FIRE" for decock. It looks like the Beretta is down for safe and up for fire (decock? I dunno).

If you also own a 1911 or similar, the thumb safety on the Taurus is at least the same direction so you don't have to worry about confusion switching back and forth. Not sure how important that is, but I think it's worth noting.

Also: Where are you getting a PT92 NIB for $400? Mine was ~$500 3 years ago, although that might be the difference between the stainless and the blued steel one.