• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4 Killed in Illinois Mall Shooting

squarepeg

imported post

I live in IN and work about a mile or so from the mall. We were talking about this in the lunch room and one of the ladies was agreeing with Jesse Jackson about how guns are bad and how they should be outlawed (they basically are in that area). The guy across from me said something about self defense (sweet I have an ally at work). I said something to the effect of the criminal was already breaking several laws before he pulled the trigger and one more restricting the type of gun he was using wouldn't have changed a thing. And that criminals wouldn't obey the law anyhow.

For those who don't know the area that this happened, it is in the south suburbs of Chicago (All Hail King Daley:?). It is a new strip mall that has several areas still under construction and just opening the new stores. Tinley Park is a middle to upper class neighborhood with several towns around it being in this class as well. I think, not 100%, that the mall is actually just cross the county border into Will County. I think the county line is Harlem Ave which is a few hundred feet from the store.

tarzan1888

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
It appears that the reported wanted to make it look bad....

Ooh!!! They touched their holsters!!! Oh God!! Do not pull your holster out!! :lol:
There's a really obscene joke in there, somewhere, I just can't quite figure it out...:)
Are you saying you cannot put your finger on it? :lol:
Must...resist...smart remark...:exclaim:

That is funny.........:lol::lol:

Tarzan