• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mall Shooting

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Crimminal protection zone (CPZ). Virginia has V-tech a CPZ, Nebraska "had" the Westroads mall a CPZ, The mall in Utah a CPZ and here at Lane Bryant we have a Crimminal Protection State!

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I'm from that area, and me and my friend frequent that Best Buy all the time when I'm home. He's a Richton Park firefighter. It's troubling to see this sort of thing because everytime I go up to Illinois/Indiana i can't carry because of the offshoot chance I venture cross the border.

disconnect

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
I'm from that area, and me and my friend frequent that Best Buy all the time when I'm home. He's a Richton Park firefighter. It's troubling to see this sort of thing because everytime I go up to Illinois/Indiana i can't carry because of the offshoot chance I venture cross the border.
but wait.... well you cant carry in illinois.. but if you have an indiana carry permityou can keepyour gunin your car in illinois... as long as its disassembled.....so it really can't help you and i wouldnt want to leave my gun in the car.... lol...

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

besides, it'sPITA having to pull over, unload and dissasemble, just to cross the border for a quick trip to the store or something, then pull over, reassemble and reload when I go back across.

I'm not in Indiana or Illinois but once or twice a year, so it's not that big of a deal, but it's just unsettling hearing about this.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

I grew up about 2 miles from that Lane Bryant store and my parents still live over that way. Whenever anyone would ask me if I heard about the shooting, my only reply was 'Now you do you understand why I advocate carrying a concealed weapon?' And of course, I've heard the reply that it might not have made a difference if the victims had been carrying, but I can't understand that logic. 5 people versus 1 armed person. If just one of those 5 had been armed......Can't wait to move the hell out of here and go to Kentucky.

swillden

imported post

lockman wrote:
The mall in Utah a CPZ
Luckily, there were a handful of citizens who ignored that CPZ. However, even after the shooting the mall still hasn't wised up and dropped that policy. I make sure to violate it every time I go there (and luckily, the law is on my side). I also choose not to go there if I have another option.

swillden

imported post

disconnect wrote:
i wouldnt want to leave my gun in the car....
Get a little gun safe for your car. It's better than having to leave it home. center-of-mass.com has some that are pretty inexpensive. I have a little nicer one with an electronic combination lock.