• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

silencer/suppressor

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Sillencers are made illegal in Secion 908 of the Crimes Code, but not if you've complied with the National Firearms Act (26 USC 5801 et seq.). Ergo, ipso facto, ad hominim, etc., if the Feds are happy with you then Pennsylvania's happy with you.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

khmer_gentleman wrote:
i was wondering if silencer/suppressor are legal?

In laymans terms.

Yes, you can own suppressors in PA provided they are NFA registered.

ATF Form 1 to make your own
ATF Form 4 to transfer a registered one to your name (buying a factory suppressor)

$200 tax paid for either one of the above.

imperialism2024

imported post

IANAL, but as I understand the law, silencers/suppressors are also legal to carry on a pistol, provided that one has the NFA paperwork for them. Though it is frowned upon, to put it lightly, to use a silencer in self-defense.

On that note, anyone up for an NFA OC dinner in Philadelphia? :shock: