• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Seashore

638Fitta

imported post

Does anyone know what the regulations are for CC on Hatteras beach? Would the National Park service be the regulators of a national seashore, such as a national park, or is it a state thing? The next question would be if NC allows carry in a park or forestof any sort. State or otherwise. Thanks in advance for any input.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Cape Hatteras National Seashore is a national park. A firearm must be in your vehicle disassembled (magazine out for a semi-auto, cylinder off for a revolver) and locked up in a case out of reach. Local governments can post local parks against firearms so if there are no signs you may carry there. National forests follow state laws so as long as you are not on gameland, you may carry in a national forest. If you are on gameland allyou can carry is a .22 pistol with a less than 7.5 inch barrel. I'm not quite sure about state parks so maybe someone else can help you out with that. Hope this helps.