Thread: Clipdraw or Jentra clip

Post imported post

Has anybody ever used one of the Jentra clip or Clipdraw systems?I have a glock 30 and nobody i know has any experience with them. Also if anybody thinks of any problems with laws in UT or NV.

Jentra

http://www.glockworld.com/holsters.htm

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=356821

Clipdraw

http://www.clipdraw.com/

Post imported post

korallthegrey wrote:
    Has anybody ever used one of the Jentra clip or Clipdraw systems?I have a glock 30 and nobody i know has any experience with them. Also if anybody thinks of any problems with laws in UT or NV.

Jentra

http://www.glockworld.com/holsters.htm

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=356821

Clipdraw

http://www.clipdraw.com/
    The only way I would even consider something like (Barami grip, maybe), would be on a revolver. Definitely notwith a Glock. It's a damn good way to shoot yourself in the ass.

edit: spelling (or lousy typing, take your pick)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ouch!

For when its inconvenient to put on my regular OWB holster, I have a cheap little Bianchi IWB suede holster. After twenty minutes the durn gun is digging into me.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable an unholstered gun would get in a short time.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Agreed. Even the notoriously uncomfortable uncle mike's IWB is far better than cramming the thing in your waist-band without a holster (a method I've used for a quick runto the truck or to the garbage cans outside). I would never carry this way as a routine, little clip thing or not. AFter my exposure to wonders like the CTAC, I doubt I'll ever carry IWB with anything else again, let alone carrying with no holster at all.

Post imported post

Any carry system that doesn’t cover the trigger of a Glock is not just asking to shoot yourself in the leg, but is begging to do so.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

You spent the $ on a G30.
    Now spend the money on a proper holster AND belt.

$.02

Post imported post

If you HAVE to carry without a holster (???) I would recommend the ClipDraw over the Jentra - it seems to have a better name in the industry.

However, I would have to agree with everyone here and say DON'T DO IT!!! Especially with a gun like a Glock or Walther. If your gun has other safety mechanisms, i.e. grip safety, manual safety, etc, you might be able to get away with it - even still, it's not nearly as comfortable and it gets nasty little dust bunnies everywhere up in your gun.

I hope you find a good holster

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

$30 for a clip? :shock: Yeah, get a good holster!
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

korallthegrey wrote:
    The law makes no mention of how you should secure your weapon to your person. This clip for the Glock just looks like a bad idea. Put that $30 towards a comfortable leather inside the waistband holster.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

I also carry the Glock 30. I have used the Jentra for two years now. It is awesome! No accidental discharges (thanks to Glocks trigger safety), or fall outs, and I wear it all day doing pretty physical work. My only complaint is that the screw loosens a little after about fifty rounds. I tried other holsters but found them uncomfortable. I would recommend Jentra to any Glock concealed carrier.

Post imported post

Glockwayornoway wrote:
    I also carry the Glock 30. I have used the Jentra for two years now. It is awesome! No accidental discharges (thanks to Glocks trigger safety), or fall outs, and I wear it all day doing pretty physical work. My only complaint is that the screw loosens a little after about fifty rounds. I tried other holsters but found them uncomfortable. I would recommend Jentra to any Glock concealed carrier.
    Put a little bit of Loc-tite or a similar product on the screws. That will keep them from coming out. Just a little dab will do ya. Make sure it's the blue stuff and not the red, otherwise you'll probably never get them out if you wanted to.