• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clipdraw or Jentra clip

glocknroll

imported post

korallthegrey wrote:
Has anybody ever used one of the Jentra clip or Clipdraw systems?I have a glock 30 and nobody i know has any experience with them. Also if anybody thinks of any problems with laws in UT or NV.

Jentra

http://www.glockworld.com/holsters.htm

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=356821

Clipdraw

http://www.clipdraw.com/

The only way I would even consider something like (Barami grip, maybe), would be on a revolver. Definitely notwith a Glock. It's a damn good way to shoot yourself in the ass.

edit: spelling (or lousy typing, take your pick)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ouch!

For when its inconvenient to put on my regular OWB holster, I have a cheap little Bianchi IWB suede holster. After twenty minutes the durn gun is digging into me.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable an unholstered gun would get in a short time.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Agreed. Even the notoriously uncomfortable uncle mike's IWB is far better than cramming the thing in your waist-band without a holster (a method I've used for a quick runto the truck or to the garbage cans outside). I would never carry this way as a routine, little clip thing or not. AFter my exposure to wonders like the CTAC, I doubt I'll ever carry IWB with anything else again, let alone carrying with no holster at all.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Any carry system that doesn’t cover the trigger of a Glock is not just asking to shoot yourself in the leg, but is begging to do so.

GeneticsDave

imported post

If you HAVE to carry without a holster (???) I would recommend the ClipDraw over the Jentra - it seems to have a better name in the industry.

However, I would have to agree with everyone here and say DON'T DO IT!!! Especially with a gun like a Glock or Walther. If your gun has other safety mechanisms, i.e. grip safety, manual safety, etc, you might be able to get away with it - even still, it's not nearly as comfortable and it gets nasty little dust bunnies everywhere up in your gun.

I hope you find a good holster :)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

korallthegrey wrote:
Has anybody ever used one of the Jentra clip or Clipdraw systems?I have a glock 30 and nobody i know has any experience with them. Also if anybody thinks of any problems with laws in UT or NV.
The law makes no mention of how you should secure your weapon to your person. This clip for the Glock just looks like a bad idea. Put that $30 towards a comfortable leather inside the waistband holster.

Glockwayornoway

imported post

I also carry the Glock 30. I have used the Jentra for two years now. It is awesome! No accidental discharges (thanks to Glocks trigger safety), or fall outs, and I wear it all day doing pretty physical work. My only complaint is that the screw loosens a little after about fifty rounds. I tried other holsters but found them uncomfortable. I would recommend Jentra to any Glock concealed carrier.

mqondo

imported post

Glockwayornoway wrote:
I also carry the Glock 30. I have used the Jentra for two years now. It is awesome! No accidental discharges (thanks to Glocks trigger safety), or fall outs, and I wear it all day doing pretty physical work. My only complaint is that the screw loosens a little after about fifty rounds. I tried other holsters but found them uncomfortable. I would recommend Jentra to any Glock concealed carrier.
Put a little bit of Loc-tite or a similar product on the screws. That will keep them from coming out. Just a little dab will do ya. Make sure it's the blue stuff and not the red, otherwise you'll probably never get them out if you wanted to.