• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

off duty carry for IL correctional officers in juven and adult div

benron

imported post

[align=left]just wanted to know how anyone felt about IL correctional officers not being able to legally carry off duty,even though they risk thier lives daily keep illinoisians safe from those that are incarcerated,and also the same ones who are arrested by police,who get this right,it seems like in the state of IL,there is some unwritten rule that the life of a c/o is worth less than that of a p/o,granted both jobs a dangerous,and both risk life and limb in doing their job,keep in mind we both make eneimes while doing are job,doesn't mean that the ones who are incarcerated stay incarcerated,they do get paroled,and we have had problems on the outside.
[/align]

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

IL correctional officers should be able to carry like everone else. As long as cab divers and pizza delivery people are denied so should correctional officers. After all statistically cab driving and pizza delivery are in a higher risk catagory than correctional officers.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

benron wrote:
[align=left]just wanted to know how anyone felt about IL correctional officers not being able to legally carry off duty,even though they risk thier lives daily keep illinoisians safe from those that are incarcerated,and also the same ones who are arrested by police,who get this right,it seems like in the state of IL,there is some unwritten rule that the life of a c/o is worth less than that of a p/o,granted both jobs a dangerous,and both risk life and limb in doing their job,keep in mind we both make eneimes while doing are job,doesn't mean that the ones who are incarcerated stay incarcerated,they do get paroled,and we have had problems on the outside.
[/align]

Some info here http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42416thought this might help.

OnlineErie.com

imported post

Here is my feeling. I believe that everyone has the right to carry concealed or open. It is their right! A right granted by the U.S. Constitution!!

Right to carry should NEVER be dependent upon your job or profession!! We all have the right to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Dave Martin

Pa. DOC

benron

imported post

i also agree with you,but as you already know in the peoples republic of ill,they feel that they don't have to honor the constitution,and that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to their citizens,so with our week liberal union,and these politicians,it seems impossible to be heard.:banghead:

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There has been an argument put forth by some Illinois correctional officers that the odd wording of the federal law authorizing off duty carry by LE and retired LE applies to Illinois correctional officers as well. last I heard anything about it, the state has not admitted this is so, and in fact has bluntly told them not to carry under this law.

I have alsoread that some CA sheriffs have stopped issuing CC permits to some of their reserves because they feel it is now redundant, and they can carry on their ID.